Graphic Cards HD6850 Crashing! Help Required!

System registry problem... Amds are very famous for their drivers. Install old drivers & check .. Its not the issue with PSU for sure. Later download new drivers & check if not happening install OS & check !

ragzdiablo said:
Im back to catalyst 11.1 and running on 900 mem clock..

the random freeze aint a problem now, but still my driver crashes and then comes back after 2 mins.. :S
Remove all driver remnants using Driver Sweeper method. Make sure Hardware properties see the GPU as a stander PnP, then install 11.4 again.

Can you try a 10.x series driver. Just want to test it out. Do the same Driver Sweeper method. Also I had asked before, any BSOD dumps..?

ragzdiablo said:
Done. the problem remains!

Even if you do that ,your not deleting all the AMD files from your pc,to clean your system completely,you have to follow these steps:-

1-Use Driver sweeper in normal boot and when it prompts use it in safe mode also.

2-Once your pc boots into safe mode drver sweeper will delete some files.

3-then reboot your pc into safe mode again and delete the folders named ATI in these directories (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\ATI),(C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\ATI) and (C:\ATI)

4-After thats done install the latest driver and your done.

and haters will hate,you just have to ignore them.

ragzdiablo said:
Im back to catalyst 11.1 and running on 900 mem clock..

the random freeze aint a problem now, but still my driver crashes and then comes back after 2 mins.. :S
See even if uninstalling and reinstalling drivers is not solving your problem then i would advice you to clean install windows 7... Doing this may solve your problem... :)

Hades. said:
See even if uninstalling and reinstalling drivers is not solving your problem then i would advice you to clean install windows 7... Doing this may solve your problem... :)
Yeah do this as Hades has suggested. Take a backup of the data and do a clean install.

And while you are at it, have the latest Catalyst driver ready. If it still gives issues, RMA the card.

toolius said:
ATI power play is playing with you.. :p

you can disable it in registry ... are you using any programs like afterburner to monitor your card ?

If so thats your problem . Dont use them and see if you crash !.. look up power play problems on google tons of stuff :)

cheers and kind regards!

Did you try what Shatul suggested?

I have a hunch that the PSU is the culprit there. The MIA legend (Deejay) had explained to me long time back when I used to have random freezes and driver rollup issues 8 years back (had a Radeon 9800 and VIP PSU). The constant fluctuations in power draw (AMD cool N Quiet in my case, in your case video card changing clock speeds dynamically) chokes inferior PSU's. I am surprised you are running your rig on that PSU, even after hanging around in the forums so long? It is not for nothing that most of the hardware gurus out here keep stressing the importance of a good power supply. I would not run your rig on a VX450 let alone the Gigabyte 460.

Also thats the reason you do not have those issues while running Crysis, the video card will be running at constant speeds (on the higher threshold). The issue seems to arise with throttling up or down in the clockspeeds and power draw.

yes thats what I predicted, So i asked him to lock his extra cores and lessen the TDP and check. If it works properly, then definitely PSU is a concern

Everything is on stock right now, Even the B50 is back to 550.

Ya, i did what toolius said..disabled powerplay yesterday night, no freezes till now..

Ya sahil, it was a bad decision to get the Gigabyte, but was low on budget at that time.

Will have to upgrade it.

Will be doing a clean install of 11.1 if the problem comes again.

No BSOD till now..

Back