Storage Solutions HDD Prices

Got a WD My passport 500GB USB 3.0 from Prime for 4200 last week. Came with a 3 year warranty.

I know it would have been cheaper online but my desktop drive needed to be RMAed and my portable crashed on the same day! Had no option!
<

I am getting 1tb hdd with 18months warranty remaining at Rs3700

Is this a good deal regarding current situation or I should wait for the price to fall down?

the prices are unlikely to fall within the next 3-6 months at the earliest.. depends on how bad your requirement is.

Judging by the way Seagate has positioned itself in its revenue guidance outlook, i'd say there's no point waiting, If you need it.. buy it.

Some Chinese firm somewhere might be getting ready to take advantage of this and offer HDD's at a much lower price ,

I dont think this can continue for Loooooooonnnnnggg.

Also Seagate reducing its warranty might play the part of a double edged sword .

Might give the impression that their products are not good ! .

Also Seagate reducing its warranty might play the part of a double edged sword .

Might give the impression that their products are not good ! .

of course their product is not upto mar you can see for yourself most of the guys have atleast RMAed a drive

I think the Indian Govt should start "manufacturing" HDD instead of Akash tablets

of course their product is not upto mar you can see for yourself most of the guys have atleast RMAed a drive

I think the Indian Govt should start "manufacturing" HDD instead of Akash tablets

Yea but still a majority part of the customers dont really surf any forum or review websites before buying stuff .

Being inferior aint a problem but projecting yourself inferior is a huge problem . But still I dont know the real calculations behind the strategy so cant comment much on that whether is a real profit or loss statement , but as a general customer , the image doesnt come out good and the long term impression might be hurt .

not just impression. They will have reduced the quality standard to keep the manufacturing cost lower, and hence the reduction in warranty.

Seagate and WD have formed a duopoly, acquiring Samsung and Hitachi's divisions even before they could come to India. We could not even taste those HDD officially.

I desperately hope a new competitor to spring up and eat up their market share. just like what happened in India when multiple mobile operators sprung up, the call rates dropped drastically their was a price war and the customer was the ultimate winner

Back