Storage Solutions Hdd sector problem help!

my WD5000aaks 500gb hdd starting giving pblm to me from 2 days .As i scanned it from HD tune pro it detected 1 damage sector and i repaired it from HDD regenarator 1.51.After this no damage is detected from HDD tune pro:)

Now my question is

1.How safe is using this HDD( as it some times making thur thur sound:( )
2.How to know the damage is on physical or from file system:huh:
3.If RMA is the solution then what is the reason i shoukd tell to WD people and what is the process to follow.Plz help

Get it replaced;

WD should collect the drive from ur doorstep depending on where u live; :)

Just tell them the drive'd developed bad sectors and is producing a strange noise;

Usually, no questions asked; they swap it; :D

Awsum customer service I'd say from WD; :D

1) if HD tune isnt showing any bad sectors now..then i think it is very much safe to use the HDD. also check the health status in hd tune.

(errr but the *thur thur noise* sound's unsafe :p, how loud is it ? and is it only during HDD's spin up(boot) or repeats once in a while when copying data ?)

2)if i am not wrong HDD regenerator wouldnt be able to repair a physical bad sector. so it would have been a logical one.

3)incase you have a ready back up and if the RMA centre. etc nearby for you. i advice you to get the HDD RMA'ed just to be on the safer side and not loose your data later on if something happens.

when you go for the RMA just tell them its making some wired noise and you found bad sectors after a scan. that should work..

EDIT: lol gannu already replied :p. never knew WD still has door step service..if it's there then just get it replaced.

@gannu
Thanks for ur suggestion dude .I will try that tip in case of RMA
@FaH33m
The sound comes when i copy the files b/w C and D drives.The sound is very loud(nearly 80% to the internal small speaker)

But the bad is i dont have the backup.All my games ,HD movies:(. Guys is 640 gb single platter drive available in bangalore ?(s.p road ).What will be its cost?

Edit:Guys the temp of the HDD is reaching 48 C .Its never reached that high :( and the HDD Tune pro health status shows All OK

techfreak said:
Guys is 640 gb single platter drive available in bangalore ?(s.p road ).What will be its cost?

Edit:Guys the temp of the HDD is reaching 48 C .Its never reached that high :( and the HDD Tune pro health status shows All OK

Its 2 320GB platters dude; :)

And high temps may be due to insufficient cooling as well;

Get a backup drive ASAP, copy all the important stuff and ring up the no provided by Eazy sir; :D

Thanks guys .On my way to s.p road .Dam spoiled my day :(
Edit: @ gannu
what will be its cost?which is the best single platter drive(fast drive on 7200 rpm good if it is 320 gb ) .Plz if possible give its model number

gannu said:
Its 2 320GB platters dude; :)

And high temps may be due to insufficient cooling as well;

Get a backup drive ASAP, copy all the important stuff and ring up the no provided by Eazy sir; :D

yup do a backup and get it RMA'ed...

the loud noise sounds scary !!:S

also the high temperatures is most probably due to bad cooling..

even my 250gb was 42-43 at times and even touched 47 at load.

just fixed a el-cheapo 80mm fan below it ..and now the temp's are constant 35-36 even after 24 X 7 usage :hap2:

Back