Video HDMI laptop -> Tv

techpal

Skilled
I just connected my Dell inspiron laptop with LG LCD tv via HDMI port.
It working fine but the output to the tv is maximum at 1366x768 resolution wghch is also native resolution of laptop.
I want to view it in FULL HD since tv supoorts FULL HD . So how to get full HD?
Any settings i need to look into?

techpal said:
I just connected my Dell inspiron laptop with LG LCD tv via HDMI port.
It working fine but the output to the tv is maximum at 1366x768 resolution wghch is also native resolution of laptop.
I want to view it in FULL HD since tv supoorts FULL HD . So how to get full HD?
Any settings i need to look into?

Instead of mirroring your laptop resoluton on to the LCD tv go the graphics options under second display and set it to 1080p. You can do it under ATI or Nvidia control center if you have a discrete card.

Thnx . ya laptop has ATI 4350 RADEON graphics card. i dnt have laptop right now with me . will try when i get back home. So I will try to do it under ATI Control center.

i was using both tv and laptop at same time to output. should i switch to only TV mode?

techpal said:
Thnx . ya laptop has ATI 4350 RADEON graphics card. i dnt have laptop right now with me . will try when i get back home. So I will try to do it under ATI Control center.
i was using both tv and laptop at same time to output. should i switch to only TV mode?

Ati card huh? Than it can easily be configured under the ATI catalyst center.

TV mode only? Your wish. When i play movies on the LCD via laptop, i normally give TV only as dispay to save my laptop screen life. :)

I tried but not working in FULL HD when TV and laptop are both used to output simultaneously . But when i use only tv as a mean to output it works in FULL HD.

Why cant i use both of them same time and view in full hd.

techpal said:
I tried but not working in FULL HD when TV and laptop are both used to output simultaneously . But when i use only tv as a mean to output it works in FULL HD.
Why cant i use both of them same time and view in full hd.

same here, when I output it only to the LG 42", I get full hd resolution. But when I duplicate the displays, I cannot get full hd. I have used a dvi to hdmi cord from my nvdia graphics card on my pc.

Back