Car & Bike Help about on-road prices (Delhi)

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
My father is about to buy me a car in the coming month, it will be our first car and the price range is b/w 3 - 4.5lacs(on-road), we have finalized beat (base), i10 era 1.1 and ritz lxi.

chevy beat (base) - 3.43lacs , hyundai i10 era - 3.83lacs and maruti suzuki ritz - 3.95lacs
[all are delhi ex-showroom prices]

I was just curious if you guys can tell me what comes the final on-road price of these cars. Break-up will be really helpful too :)

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
Thanks for the reply :)

Actually my daily running will be mere ~15kms to my college and back to home daily except holidays. Besides that, it will used as a family car for taking my family on trips and attending various occasions.

I know i10 1.1 era is a good choice as it has central locking system+front power windows and excellent service by hyundai but my dad is ready for swift/ritz also. He just wants to confirm if the design is good of ritz or not. Swift is definitely better than ritz in almost everything except quality of the interiors and space.

The only down side i see in i10 1.1 era is that it has old santro engine and space inside is almost same as beat. The beat is definitely my personal first choice but don't have any idea about after sales/services of chevrolet.

Please you all throw in your comments and suggestions :)

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
the above website gaadi.com shows old road tax rates which was 2%, soon the road tax in delhi will be 4%. here is the breakup for on road prices:

1.chevrolet beat 1.2LS(base)
ex-showroom=rs 364677
insurance=rs 11325
roadtax(@4%)=rs 15718
ON ROAD PRICE=rs 391420

2.hyundai i10 era
ex-showroom=rs 379723
insurance=rs 11751
road tax(@4%)=rs 16025
ON ROAD PRICE=rs 407499

3.maruti suzuki Ritz
ex-showroom=rs 395113
insurance=rs 14841
road tax(4%)=rs 15804
ON ROAD PRICE=rs 425758

i have tried to be as accurate as possible with these prices but still you may get some 5k or 10k difference with dealer prices.
i think you should go for mid range variants of the the above cars as you have budget of 4.5lacs and the base models lack many features like cd player,alloy wheels,fog lamps,abs and airbags. if you decide early then you can save some cash on road tax as its still 2% and will be increased to 4% soon.

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
ajab.ghajab said:
Did you consider Spark?

I know spark is a good family car but i haven't considered it because there is just ~rs10-15k difference b/w it and beat, and i don't know why but i feel beat is best mid-sized chevrolet car till now :)
RS4 said:
the above website gaadi.com shows old road tax rates which was 2%, soon the road tax in delhi will be 4%. here is the breakup for on road prices:

ex-showroom=rs 364677

insurance=rs 11325

roadtax(@4%)=rs 15718

ON ROAD PRICE=rs 391420

2.hyundai i10 era

ex-showroom=rs 379723

insurance=rs 11751

road tax(@4%)=rs 16025

ON ROAD PRICE=rs 407499

3.maruti suzuki Ritz

ex-showroom=rs 395113

insurance=rs 14841

road tax(4%)=rs 15804

ON ROAD PRICE=rs 425758

i have tried to be as accurate as possible with these prices but still you may get some 5k or 10k difference with dealer prices.

i think you should go for mid range variants of the the above cars as you have budget of 4.5lacs and the base models lack many features like cd player,alloy wheels,fog lamps,abs and airbags. if you decide early then you can save some cash on road tax as its still 2% and will be increased to 4% soon.

Thanks for such a detailed reply. Today only i had a chat with my cousin and he booked a hyundai i10 1.1 era @ rs3.80lacs on road :)

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
rs 3.80 lacs on road is a great price, i think he must have got some good discount as the ex-showroom price is 3.79 lacs.

did he buy it in delhi or some other state??

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
RS4 said:
rs 3.80 lacs on road is a great price, i think he must have got some good discount as the ex-showroom price is 3.79 lacs.

did he buy it in delhi or some other state??

Yep! I was also surprised for a moment as i10 era 1.1 cost @ rs3.84lacs ex-showroom and he got it finally for rs3.80lacs on-road. It is definitely becoming my priority seeing the price and performance. Main things which i like about i10 is front power windows+central locking. Later i can add good stereo system and alloys.

My daily running will be mere around ~15-20km daily except holidays. My father is a govt. employee and his office is situated at a distance of just 10mins thats why he never bought any vehicle and not interested even now. But seeing my college up-down daily in auto-rickshaws and buses, he is buying it for me and sometimes in a week we will use is to visit maternal/paternal families/markets.

I have just started taking driving lessons locally. If you have some tips so, please they throw them in also. :)

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
Since you're in Delhi, taxes and stuff are pretty low, so estimate about 30-35k more than the ex-showroom prices as the on-road price for the car. You've a budget of upto 4.5L, better don't go for base version of any car. My recommendations are,

Beat LT (suits you best, killer looks, kinda smaller but great fuel efficiency, good for college, not a complete family car due to space constraints and smaller boot)
Figo Petrol ZXI (Excellent car, but low fuel efficiency)

If I were you, I would go for one among the above two. Both are great VFM and come loaded with essential features, and will be well within your budget. I read that you've started taking driving lessons, if possible do test drive the Figo before you take decision on any other car, its fun to drive.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
Since you are just learning, and this is your first car, how about a good second hand car? You will get plenty of Swifts in your budget.

Disclaimer: I was suggested the same, but didn't heed to it since I needed a new car, but if you aren't so particular, it might not be a bad choice.

Roxtin

Skilled
May 29, 2007
RS4 said:

ex-showroom=rs 364677

insurance=rs 11325

roadtax(@4%)=rs 15718

ON ROAD PRICE=rs 391420

I think there would be VAT charges applied too along with the base price and then Road Tax would be calculated on it. Delhi seems cheaper UP road tax is around 7%.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Roxtin said:
I think there would be VAT charges applied too along with the base price and then Road Tax would be calculated on it. Delhi seems cheaper UP road tax is around 7%.
the EX-showroom price provided by the dealer already includes VAT and all other applicable taxes.(EXCEPT ROAD TAX)

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
Today i saw team-bhp's review of ford figo. This car looks very promising. I can consider it as it is in my budget and i can even vouch for the top-end variant.

Can somebody please give some details on a.s.s of ford, in delhi especially.

Feb 2, 2009
H_D said:
Today i saw team-bhp's review of ford figo. This car looks very promising. I can consider it as it is in my budget and i can even vouch for the top-end variant.

Can somebody please give some details on a.s.s of ford, in delhi especially.

Please buy last months i.e may's Top Gear Indian Edition magazine and you will find more reason to buy Ford Figo.It was praised like wow from the magazine and it really is a good car. I hope seriously that you buy that car

Roxtin

Skilled
May 29, 2007
I am really interested for Figo but many of my friends who own Ford are complaining about the ASS, Delayed Service time and cost of service :(

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Ford figo is an excellent car, if you like it then you should definitely but it, But as you said its true that the service of Ford is not great and also its very very expensive.