PC Peripherals Help for a New Rig (NO OC/NO Gaming)

hi guys i need some help from you
2 days back my mobo got fryd and i cant seem to get it RMAd for fix since its a Socket 754. which is 2 and half years old

My Rig is
AMD 3000+ 2ghz
Asus K8N-VM << Fryd
Hynix DDR 400Mhz 512x2
320GB HDD
VIP600WATXP4(Dual Rail)each rail 22V
Sapphire X1600 Pro 512MB DDR2

i use my PC for professional use only i.e 3D rendering and Audio purpose (bro's a sound engineer) SO STRICTLY NO OVERCLOCKING and no quad cores since thats going a little overboard atleast for me (no offence)

soo i need a decent config with in a budget of 38k excluding the cabinet, PSU,monitor,gfx card,HDD, Optical drive etc...

main requirement is
CPU+MOBO+RAM

The only game that i might play is counter strike 1.6 and nothing else.
Game engines will be used for most of the time.(torque/Radient/UTeditor,etc.....)

Wow..at that budget you can get a quad core....what do you mean by overboard, man you seem to have the budget, if you can get the best then why not...anyways if its not the quadcore, then the

E6850 for 12000.

GSkill 2x1 GB PC6400 ram for Rs. 6500(you know from where)

Motherboard, what about the IP35 Pro for Rs. 9000(again you know from where)

So that comes out to be just 27500, you can add a PSU to that if you think your old one cannot handle the new rig or you can replace the E6850 with a Q6600 since both come at almost the same price, or maybe increase the Ram to 4x1 GB.

thnx dude the reason i'm saying no to quad right now is that i'm waiting for the K10 desktop to launch then depending on the performance i'll think wheather to pick up an intel quad or the K10.

also i'm a little scared to run the intel chip since i had a very bad experince during my P4 era had to change 4 to 5 mobos all had intel chipsets soo its a strictly NO NO for intel chipset mobos(sry forgot to mention that)

i guess as of now INTEL is thou king even the new amd quads din seem to be really a hit , i guess go the intel way . abit or asus if indian warranty . get 4 gb ram .

Ero-Sannin said:
thnx dude the reason i'm saying no to quad right now is that i'm waiting for the K10 desktop to launch then depending on the performance i'll think wheather to pick up an intel quad or the K10.

also i'm a little scared to run the intel chip sicne i had a very bad experince during my P4 era had to change 4 to 5 mobos all had intel chipsets soo its a strictly NO NO for intel chipset mobos(sry forgot to mention that)

I think the 4-5 board may be from same make, I also have lot of problem with D845DBVSR MOBO from Intel and latter found that Whole lot was have same or other problem.:mad:

Than buy friends Intel D845GBV board base system (my friend have so much trust over Intel that at that time he Challenge me that if anything goes wrong with MOBO/system he will pay me over what I paid him) and till today (18 months) ZERO problem - Touchwood :hap2:

u can go for quad core are better also drr2 ram are better for running workstaion

i hope u like NVIDIA QUADRO FX 450 low end might cost 10k :)

For 3D Rendering, CPU processing power is quite essential - so you may do well to get a Quad core proc. However, some say a Quadro/FireGL would be more beneficial. From what i know, a Quadro makes an impact on how quickly the viewport window is redrawn, but the actual rendering process is still CPU rendered.. so its upto you to decide whether to throw in a Quadro or not.

I would say Intel chipsets go the best with Intel procs, so you should seriously reconsider. The 680i based boards are ok, but the P35 is looking to be really good.. pick up a well built board based on it and you shouldn't go wrong.

Finally if your bro is a sound engineer, you should look at getting a decent sound card like an E-mu 0404.

BTW how did your old board get fried? Better make sure none of your existing parts are having issues before throwing in a new set!

i was cleaning the PC as usual thts a weekly cleaning i do but this time i kidna opend the entire PC and then cleand it during this procress when i placed my CPU in the slot and put the lever down the cpu some how seem to popd out from the slot and was inclined soo the PC was powering on and powering off in 1 seconds i thougth that i had mixed some cable here and there after rechecking every cable was set properly i din remove the fan chked the CPU thts where it went wrong :( i guess after taking care soo much of my stuff still it had to die :(

techie_007 said:
another thing, if its been 2.5 yrs old mobo...thre should still be 6 months warranty left ;) check once? Cos asus has 3 years i think :D

i know there is still warranty left but its fryd so they wont repalce it thts what they said:mad:

Ero-Sannin said:
i know there is still warranty left but its fryd so they wont repalce it thts what they said:mad:
Take chance and mail them or just send it to RMA, may be they give you any used but working condition replacement.

Stick said:
Take chance and mail them or just send it to RMA, may be they give you any used but working condition replacement.

i took the mobo to the shop drom where i got it and just by looking at it they said its fryd and there is not even a single chance of RMAing :(

Ero-Sannin said:
i was cleaning the PC as usual thts a weekly cleaning i do but this time i kidna opend the entire PC and then cleand it during this procress when i placed my CPU in the slot and put the lever down the cpu some how seem to popd out from the slot and was inclined soo the PC was powering on and powering off in 1 seconds i thougth that i had mixed some cable here and there after rechecking every cable was set properly i din remove the fan chked the CPU thts where it went wrong :( i guess after taking care soo much of my stuff still it had to die :(

Maybe you cared all your life- but one instance of a lil carelessness is enough to mess up your/someone's whole life.:(

Sad for you but this is just a freakin 2yr old mobo which has more than served it's purpose.:cool2:
Get over it and move on- much better stuff waiting tohappen.:eek:hyeah:

Crazy_Eddy said:
For 3D Rendering, CPU processing power is quite essential - so you may do well to get a Quad core proc.
i was planning for a q6600 since it performed better than the E6750(my initial thought)
Crazy_Eddy said:
However, some say a Quadro/FireGL would be more beneficial. From what i know, a Quadro makes an impact on how quickly the viewport window is redrawn, but the actual rendering process is still CPU rendered.. so its upto you to decide whether to throw in a Quadro or not.
well i din't think about quadro earlier now that you mentioned.
i dont need the GPU power since the PC won't render more than 10,00,000 polygon character.Cuz Zbrush and Mudbox 1.6 tend to reach that much of polygons when imported them in 3dsmax or maya. My current config which was onboard 6100 could render around 1,00,000 polygons easliy. soo with the new card that i got i think no problems would come.

Crazy_Eddy said:
I would say Intel chipsets go the best with Intel procs, so you should seriously reconsider. The 680i based boards are ok, but the P35 is looking to be really good.. pick up a well built board based on it and you shouldn't go wrong.
680i was my first choice but then BiKeY tells me that the P35 mobos are available so i was thinking over and over it again.I'm open for any config though i'm an AMD fanboi i want whts best for my work right now.Intel is i feel good for processing power especially 3d stuff i can wait for the 45nm chips to come though.
Crazy_Eddy said:
Finally if your bro is a sound engineer, you should look at getting a decent sound card like an E-mu 0404.
a sound card is under consideration sicne there are many mixers and midi controlers left to be connected to the PC.

Btw whats the last date to purchase...........

ALso which gfx card u goin for...

i guess u may bee going for normal one since u said u will play games..

For mobo i would 2nd bikeys thought if u getting p35 for same rate as 680i than u shd consider that instead of 680i....

magnet said:
Btw whats the last date to purchase...........
ALso which gfx card u goin for...
i guess u may bee going for normal one since u said u will play games..

For mobo i would 2nd bikeys thought if u getting p35 for same rate as 680i than u shd consider that instead of 680i....

gfx card is right now a X2600XT which i got it instead of a X1600 which was sent for RMA:hap2: :clap:
there is no last date of purchase i was thinking of buying it when my salary comes. i can wait forever though(my bro needs it more than i do).i do my work in office also no issues bout that

Ero-Sannin said:
i was planning for a q6600 since it performed better than the E6750(my initial thought)

well i din't think about quadro earlier now that you mentioned.

i dont need the GPU power since the PC won't render more than 10,00,000 polygon character.Cuz Zbrush and Mudbox 1.6 tend to reach that much of polygons when imported them in 3dsmax or maya. My current config which was onboard 6100 could render around 1,00,000 polygons easliy. soo with the new card that i got i think no problems would come.

680i was my first choice but then BiKeY tells me that the P35 mobos are available so i was thinking over and over it again.I'm open for any config though i'm an AMD fanboi i want whts best for my work right now.Intel is i feel good for processing power especially 3d stuff i can wait for the 45nm chips to come though.

a sound card is under consideration sicne there are many mixers and midi controlers left to be connected to the PC.

Yes the Q6600 has more horsepower. For the price, it seems worthwhile.. and since you're not overclocking, you wont have any heat issues to deal with. AMD's Phenom is coming only at the end of the year i.e. Christmas time, and Intel's 45nm chips are schedule for 2008. Depends how long you want to wait ;). Current AMD chips for your budget/requirements may not be worthwhile.

Pick up the Abit IP35 board, seems good. The Biostar TP35 if you're on a tight budget and can do without RAID.

Since you're running at stock, any decent DDR2 sticks rated for even 533Mhz speeds should do you just fine (tighter timings would probably help). Ultimately you're better off running it in sync 1:1 at 533Mhz speeds, so premium memory may not yield too much of a gain.

Yep, probably can leave the graphics card as is.

Would the sound card be part of your budget? Either way the above 3 should fit into your budget just fine.

Ero-
To get the right answer, ask the right questions.
On one hand you say you dont want to spend more than 11k for now which includes buying a X2 4800+, Jetway mobo and 2GB RAM; then you say bro is giving 38K for cpu+mobo+RAM and you also go on to add you can stretch your budget.:S

First of all- make up your mind what all you need and that means not only key components but also what else like LCD screen, speakers and any other stuff.
Then check how much money you have at your disposal- overall.
Then try to fit in all you need in all the money you have to spare for it.:p

Also when you ask on forums- leave out what you discussed off it- you only screw up the discussion on the thread and your own mind
When you take advice/suggestions from someone- take it in entirety.
do not butt in with what others said.
Every person has a way of dealing with things- if you keep butting in- you screw up their thought process and your own- which will finally not let you decide what is best.

Finally take everyone's opinions in entirety and extract the gist- apply your own brains and do what YOU feel is best for you.:)

Back