HELP-How to Quickly reinstall Windows 7 every 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhanshu123

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
New Delhi
Okay guys as the title suggests i want to re install windows 7 every 5 days(yes you read that right) ,the reason -Because i want to use a trial programme which expires in 5 days.So if i keep reinstalling my windows,i will be able to use it forever.The problem is then obvious,an efficient way of reinstalling windows over and over again.And no the program isn't available for linux.And i am dedicating one of my pcs for this job so i dont care about any backups or drivers,i just want to reinstall windows as quickly as possible every 5 days and then install the software and then repeat this process with minimal time waste.My thinking is that maybe virtually installing would help but i have zero knowledge about that so if any knowledgeable person thinks that it can help please tell me so and also please instruct me on how to do so.And if you guys have any idea where the software might be storing its information of how many days have passed please tell me because i have searched the registry and found nothing.Also can the same os be installed in 2 partitions,if yes then i might try this as well,because this way i will get 10 days instead of the 5.

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
let me check i had something of sorts

relaince cafe uses it to get their computers to default state

aproxymate

Adept
Jan 25, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Not really sure if restoring from image will reset the expiry date. Also, it will be really inefficient to go over the install process every 5 days. You should look for free alternatives to that software.

3.14or22by7

Disciple
Jan 16, 2010
Or better yet, use that software on a VM using VMware workstation. Make a snapshot of the VM before installing that s/w and when the trial is over restore to that snapshot in seconds and you are ready for the next install.

sudhanshu123

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
New Delhi
i would happily give you the log but as it has already been installed once and been expired dont you think when i reinstall it,it will just be accessing the files and not creating them?if i am to capture the activity i will need to go with a fresh windows install and then capture the activity,anyways i will give it a shot and give you the log.

3.14or22by7

Disciple
Jan 16, 2010
It would be even better if we have the logs from a fresh install and an old install as well. That way, it would be easy to compare and check where the old install failed.

devilinearth

Adept
Dec 25, 2009
Cochin
www.dreamstrikes.com
Install Windows 7, Create a system restore point. Install the software and use it for five days. After five days restore your system back to the point when the software was not installed. Then install the software again and repeat the same process every five days.

Will that work?

Whats the name of the software?

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
AFAIK there was a freeware which could freeze the date for a particular program .......so I believe that will do the job for you.
<

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

ch@ts

Skilled
Jun 13, 2005
won't deleting all registry keys related to this software work just as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.