Audio Help in selecting 2.0 Speaker

Hello guys, I have recently bought Plasma Television and I want to buy 2.0 speakers for this. What I want in a sound is that the vocals should be excellent which do not distort a bit even on full volume of the speakers, Second thing I need is clarity, it should be awesome in clarity and the third thing I need is bass, bass should be deep and punchy but not at all boomy, I hate boomy bass. Treble should be smooth.

My budget is between Rs. 15,000 - Rs. 20,000 (Try to lower it as much as possible):huh:

Thank you

An early reply is requested

Regards

The thing is you will have to buy a amplifier for any good packages ...which will cost you 10K

its better to get 2.1 speakers /2.0 with inbuilt amps / but that wont give you that level of performance

i will suggest you get the edifier c2(around 3.5K) hook it to your PC and bring 5021 to pair with your TV.

when you have more spend on a good amp+floorstanders

strategy said:
The thing is you will have to buy a amplifier for any good packages ...which will cost you 10K

its better to get 2.1 speakers /2.0 with inbuilt amps / but that wont give you that level of performance

i will suggest you get the edifier c2(around 3.5K) hook it to your PC and bring 5021 to pair with your TV.

when you have more spend on a good amp+floorstanders
Please mention what do I need to get the best performance? will buy it after sometime then, will collect the cash.

If you can spend about 3~4k more, you can build a pretty good amp + a pair of bookshelves combo. The most widely used combo in this aspect is the Norge 2060 amp (desi; costs about 7k ex-Mumbai) and a pair of bookshelves from Wharfedale/PSB/Tannoy. This setup can be further expanded to a 5.1, if you buy additional speakers and a good AVR.

If budget is a constraint, get the Audioengine A5. This one has an amp onboard so you need not connect an additional amp but the downside is they are more suited for near-field listening meaning, the SQ takes a hit the farther you sit from the setup. I would advise you to pick up the former.

Wharfedale 10.1 is cheap( comparatively ) and has good performance. yeah that is what i suggest also.

but instead of a a stereo amp i suggest you get an AVR first hand as you are buying it for TV ( movies and games), you can buy speakers and sub later and upgrade it to a 5.1 setup.

if listening to music is your first priority then go ahead with norge2060

so to sum it up(IMO), get:

if getting for TV (music and games)

Good bookshelves at around 10-15K

AVR ..15-25K

..later you can upgrade to a 5.1 without discarding any equipment.

For music : what desecrater says

Guys, Which one will be the best according to my sound preferences and needs:

1. M-Audio BX5a Deluxe

2. Swans D1080MKII08

3. Audioengine A5

4. M-Audio AV40

5. Audioengine A2

What I want in a sound is that the vocals should be excellent which do not distort a bit even on full volume of the speakers, Second thing I need is clarity, it should be awesome in clarity and the third thing I need is bass, bass should be deep and punchy but not at all boomy, I hate boomy bass. Treble should be smooth.

^You don't seem to understand. Would you be sitting close to your display when you are watching something on it like how you sit close to a PC monitor? Whatever you have listed are suited for near-field listening. Akin to what happens in studios. They won't cut it.

Back