Video Help me buy a 40-42" TV. Budget 35-40K

Hi All
Seek expert advice and experienced knowledge for deciding which TV to buy in this size range.
I need a Non-Smart, Non-3D, Full-HD TV, 40-42" size.
So far from my study, I finalized to Panasonic 42AS610D.

Points considered while narrowing down on this model :
1) Came to know that 40" TVs are VA panel and 42" are IPS, and visual experience as compared side by side in an Electronic store shows evident difference in Details and Viewing angle. Viewing from Sides, VA panel tends to make Whites Stand out while IPS panel retained the actual color tones.
2) Plasma TV appeared with best color reproduction and very soothing picture quality, but factors like more power consumption, Heat generation and technology at end of life, made me sway away from this.
3) The Selected Panasonic model produces very good colors, blacks are very evident and when compared to same 42" Panasonic Non-Smart model, there was huge Picture difference in term of details and black levels. (Same settings of display and same content). Studying further got to know this model has some LIFE+ technology and Non-Smart one has LIFE Technology for panel. Maybe something Panasonic has up it's sleeves.
4) NOT YET BOUGHT as it costs around 7-10K more (various websites and retail stores) than what i actually need (Non smart Full HD TV), to which i gonna hook my Chromecast.

Want to know experience of Samsung/Sony users with 40" VA panels, when used in room light conditions.
Also saw a post from one user who had 42" LG5610 model (http://www.digit.in/forum/tvs-monitors/187711-lg-42lb5610-full-hd-led-tv-review.html). Panasonic 42AS610D again stood out in picture quality and details when compared with this LG model, but as per the Forum post, user experience was very good..

Please guide and help me decide. Let me know where I am going wrong in the points considered.
I won't mind importing the unit from UAE(friends help) if it costs me atleast 10K(including the big 36% duty and luggage charges) less than the best available price in India.

Back