PC Peripherals Help me decide on the CPU Cooler

Do look at the Scythe Mugen 2 :)

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/scythe-fans-coolers-others-154795.html

111diagr4ocs.png

Among the highly efficient coolers from a dense group following the leader we should single out Scythe Mugen 2. This cooler not just outperforms its direct rivals if we consider the total score from all the tests, but it is also the cheapest of all! Mugen 2 comes bundled with a high-performance fan that is inaudible in quiet mode and produces moderate noise under high CPU workload. Moreover, it is a universal cooler, unlike Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366 RT, Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 and Prolimatech Megahalems. Taking into account that Scythe has very well-established dealer network, things will become very tough for their competitors.

As you have no intentions to overclock spending 4k on CPU cooler doesn't makes much sense.Either get Arctic Freezer 7 pro Rev 2 (1700) or Scythe katana 3 .

for less than 3k, scythe mugen 2 is great for core i7 920. I could easily go to 4G with temps in mid 70s. at stock it would be less than 60s. It's silent even at full speed. Only issue could be installation. You need to take your board out to install it. And might need one more guy to help you while installing. Watch a video before doing that yourself. :)

How does the IFX-14 compare to scythe mugen 2 and Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Is is advisable to go with used IFX-14 from TE member. I need it for my i7 920.

--Vinay Arora

cybervinay said:
I am looking for a CPU cooler for Intel 1366 package.
I do not intend to overclock but my system usually runs 24x7
My budget was 3000/- but I have stretched it to upto 4K and currently looking to buy

TheITWares -Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares

Please let me know if there are any other good options available in this range or slightly lower which will give me similar performance

--Vinay Arora

What temperatures is the CPU running at, and what stress inducing applications/tasks you running..?

I have not yet got my new setup. Expecting the Mobo before this weekend. Will use stock cooler for some time. I have finalized on Scythe Mugen 2. Will get from Phoenix when he gets stock

Back