Help me find a Laptop bag with following features.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi all..

The current laptop bag I have... is not so roomy.

So need a new one. These are the requirements.

1. 15" laptop + charger should fit.
2. 4 or 5 shirt with 2 or 3 jeans should be comfy in it.
3. The extra usual stuff like..chargers, mobiles, mp3 players, books, tie, toiletries etc should be also fit in.
4. And space to hold some grub in it. :D.

Basically a big backpack with a laptop compartment.

I tried ebay.. but no idea of size.. Tried few local shops... not a single one with my needs.. :S... Big bazaar got any?

I am in mysore...if thats needed?

m-J

m-Jeri nothing of this sort is available in mysore. There is a Shop that sells hiking gear in KD Road which has a good collection of sturdy bags but i doubt you will find a laptop compartment in them. Why dont you buy a Laptop sleeve for 300-500 Rs instead and put it in an backpack?

Most of the Bags available in India do not provide a Padded Laptop compartment so the protection offered is akin to a Laptop sleeve in most of the cases.

Directions
While going on KD road towards Vijayanagar ,Just before the ICIC Bank( on mainRoad) there is a Left Turn , Take this turn and the shop is on your left.

So that is from Hunsur to Vijaynagar... And that left will put me on gokulam road i think r8??

shop name???

I got a free one from Mercedes at the media event at the last auto expo lol... Its actually perfect for all of it. My 14" lappy fits perfectly and there is room for a few T;s a pair of jeans or two and a crap load of chargers. I even stuck a spike strip in there O.O

But back on topic... Reebok / Nike (one of those) here in Delhi have laptop backpacks with enough space for your requirements. Look up those ?

^^

Those typa brands are too expensive. I buy brands that are in that business alone. usually. :S.

anyways..any links?

i got a dell branded backpack with my dell inspiron laptop 3 years ago , very nice with padded laptop compartment , does all wat u looking for to stack shirts, jeans and other stuffs etc,

still not a single stitch has been out after 3 years of rugged college usage ,

cost me then 1500 bucks , didnt find the same anywhere after then

now i wud suggest go n see targus backpacks , they r very sturdy , quality and affordable stuff in n around ~2k

m-jeri said:
So that is from Hunsur to Vijaynagar... And that left will put me on gokulam road i think r8??

shop name???
Here is the link.

Google Maps

the Red balloon indicates the ICICI, (For direction purpose - "After" ICICI is Green Leaf), now just before ICICI there is a right turn, take that and the shop is there, sorry I dont remember the shop name but i will let u knw later on.

connect said:
now i wud suggest go n see targus backpacks , they r very sturdy , quality and affordable stuff in n around ~2k

just happen to visit the site.. Seems very good but the cost part.. basic model start from .1.5K to 4K...now i am talking about backpacks only

eBRo

Or you can even try American Tourister backpacks ( Model P1 i guess ). Check on buytheprice.com, they have very good deals.

Try Targus Wanderer - has all the features you want and costs around Rs.2100 with warranty. Its water proof and comes with a rain cover (something like a raincoat) to cover your bag.

apextwin146 said:
where u posted? is there a thread for mysore meets :w00t:
no in another thread... :S

My friend bailed on me.. will check that shop this weekend...

@cedric..

noted..thanks..

Look at the American Tourister P1, i had a similar dilema as your and wanted something durable yet not too expensive with the coupons around you should get it from buytheprice.com for about 1200 or so, full on VFM laptop bag and quite spacious i must add.

Back