Help me with altec lansing mx5021..

aaa

Disciple
Hey guys,
After reading a lot on audio zone have decided to go for mx5021 but cant find any dealers in delhi for the same, all of them say the model has been discontinued and mx6021 is available.:(
If any one of you know any dealer or any shop at nehru place selling it please let me know..

Aakash

I bought the expressionist ultra.The model which succeeded 5021. Its really good. But the BASS is probably a tad low.. Nyways, at that price point, its a decent buy. Similar output ( 200W RMS) of any brand would cost over 10k atleast.

One disappointment though was the size of the subwoofer. Its pretty big. they culd have sized it a bit smaller.

iyengar said:
fell good.. wasted just 2 months on this and upgraded to Z5500..

eBRo

Would love to get a z550 but have a limited budget :(
Even checked out the the other models including mx6021 didnt find them any good

But guys how is logitech z2300 ?

Ya the newer models in Altec Lansing also use down firing drivers n they look more like FIRE HYDRANTS than speakers. After facing a similar disappointment went for Edifier C3 and am very happy! Edifier S330 is also damn good but was not in stock in my city!
Srinivas.

SRI 420 said:
Ya the newer models in Altec Lansing also use down firing drivers n they look more like FIRE HYDRANTS than speakers. After facing a similar disappointment went for Edifier C3 and am very happy! Edifier S330 is also damn good but was not in stock in my city!

Srinivas.

Hey srinivas thanks seems to be quite interesting ill search on them and probably will go for them,

Btw are c3 powerfull enough with 30wat of power.

I bought the mx5021 3 months back from nehruplace there are lots of shops selling it , there is even a shop which has it on demo , I dont remember the name of the shop but I can give you approx directions.

It is in same floor as computer empire.
2i9nwnq.png

The said shop has the speakers on demo.
My experience is great with mx5021 so far , it may sound dull initially but the sound improves after some burn in .

but any day they are not as good as klipsch promidia 2.1 (discontinued) , the good part is , there is huge performance boost if you mod it using this guide .

http://www.techenclave.com/guides-and-tutorials/modding-altec-lansing-mx-5021-dummies-130257.html

Mine are just 3 months old but I am planning to do the mod once the warranty period is over.

samboy_05 said:
I bought the mx5021 3 months back from nehruplace there are lots of shops selling it , there is even a shop which has it on demo , I dont remember the name of the shop but I can give you approx directions.

It is in same floor as computer empire.
2i9nwnq.png

The said shop has the speakers on demo.
My experience is great with mx5021 so far , it may sound dull initially but the sound improves after some burn in .

but any day they are not as good as klipsch promidia 2.1 (discontinued) , the good part is , there is huge performance boost if you mod it using this guide .

http://www.techenclave.com/guides-and-tutorials/modding-altec-lansing-mx-5021-dummies-130257.html

Mine are just 3 months old but I am planning to do the mod once the warranty period is over.

Hey i think i know which shop you are talking about does it only has speakers and if i am not wrong that shop is having a small workshop on the other end with glass panel ? If it is the same one i did try there and couldnt find anything .
ya this modding even tempts me more but cant do anything about it :(
Anyways i started another threat looking for the next best alternative
http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zone/2-1-suggestions-required-for-7k-170424.html
Feel free to suggest

Regards
Aakash

funny , I had my demo on mx5021 there before I bought one , anyway I will be visiting NP this weekend and snoop around for you.

Cheers

Samrat

Yes. Edifier C3 is a very good set. Z-2300 is bass heavy and people say that it's mids and highs are not comparable to that of MX-5021's but it has some really heavy bass.

desiibond said:
Yes. Edifier C3 is a very good set. Z-2300 is bass heavy and people say that it's mids and highs are not comparable to that of MX-5021's but it has some really heavy bass.
Yup i thik the same z2300 is just for boom boom i doubt if soft music would have sounded nice on them while altec lansing and edifier both have way superior music quality then logitech just not the power.

Back