Audio Help needed in deciding IEM

gursud

Disciple
Hello People

I am not an audiophile. I do not know much brands. I need an IEM recommendation.recently i heard Bose IE2 earphones. The audio quality is awesome and source is my Samsung Galaxy S. So i am looking for an IEM which should be as par with Bose quality.

My other sources for audio is Ipod Nano 5G and Sony walkman NWZ Mp3 player.

Before buying where in bangalore i should have a test of IEMs?

Can i expect Noise cacelling IEMs in these price range?

Thanks

My bad I forget. below 3000.

EDIT: Also the IEMs shoul be comfortable to use while doing cardio.

I guess i am asking more.

Actually you are not asking for much. You are asking for an IEM that compares with Bose (Buy other sound equipment) which is not hard to do and you are looking for comfort which again is easy to find.

I dunno much about IEMs but I would wager the Klipsch S4i is both comfortable and sounds good.

However they sell for 3.7k.

BF1983 said:
Actually you are not asking for much. You are asking for an IEM that compares with Bose (Buy other sound equipment) which is not hard to do and you are looking for comfort which again is easy to find.

I dunno much about IEMs but I would wager the Klipsch S4i is both comfortable and sounds good.

However they sell for 3.7k.
Thanks for your response. I have seen about theme when you told here. That seems to be exclusively for Iphones. Also they doesn't seems to know of any other phones other than iphone. You will understand what i mean if you have a look at the FAQs in that page.:D. However 3700 will be out of my budget:(.

mukulymn said:
may i know wht u liked about the sound from ie2

it will surely help us to figure ur taste

To be frank i dont know i just find them better than my SGS stock IEMs. I am sure Bose are overhyped. I just given them as reference as i never used any of those kind of earphones. I Am expecting an moderate to heavy bass with a decent treble and sorround effects.

I am not sure if i have explained clearly or not.

Thanks

Moderate to heavy bass , decent treble and surround effects(assuming soundstage) points to a NE6 from NuForce or a Klipsch S4 if you can stretch to 3.7k .

FaH33m said:
Moderate to heavy bass , decent treble and surround effects(assuming soundstage) points to a NE6 from NuForce or a Klipsch S4 if you can stretch to 3.7k .
Maybe M2? I reckon it has similar soundstage as NE6 and is better at everything else?

Thanks all for your responses. But my budget is strictly nelow 3K. I guess M2 seems to be my choice. Where in bangalore i can have a try whether these are compatible or not with SGS?

Also guys MIC is not important for me. Did M2 gives bass and sorround effects?

yes .. the ne7m mic didnt work with my omnia hd...i had to put a tape on the button so that it remains pressed...otherwise sound would come very faint....

gursud said:
Thanks all for your responses. But my budget is strictly nelow 3K. I guess M2 seems to be my choice. Where in bangalore i can have a try whether these are compatible or not with SGS?

You can't try in any store, as no store sells them...

I ordered M2 with ref to various reviews and opinions and man, I'm really satisfied...

I'm sure it would work with SGS as there is no mic and in a standard earphones the pin configuration don't change...

reg the SGS inbuilt Bass and surround effects would definitely work, as its processed before the headphone out...

[opinion: SGS sounds shit when headphones attached compared to any other mobile/player compared]

gursud said:

Contact Amarbir[Lynx-India], he is a dealer here. Or go to mp4nation.com and place and order.

gursud said:

M2 gives bass, but from what i have read, Not the surround effects.

M2 are very good for the price if you really do not want to go above 3K , get the M2 now !!

if you can buy second hand, start a WTB thread in members market for S4, because it will suit you more as per your requirements.

M2 is really amazing in bass and has a smooth warm midrange + treble. The soundstage wont give you surround effects but its average . Personally its my favorite IEM under 3k :D

Also it should be available on TE soon :)

thirumalkumaran said:
You can't try in any store, as no store sells them...

I ordered M2 with ref to various reviews and opinions and man, I'm really satisfied...
I'm sure it would work with SGS as there is no mic and in a standard earphones the pin configuration don't change...
reg the SGS inbuilt Bass and surround effects would definitely work, as its processed before the headphone out...

[opinion: SGS sounds shit when headphones attached compared to any other mobile/player compared]
Did you mean SGS sounds shit with stock IEMS. Then in that case M2 will definitely satisfies me coz I find SGS stock Earphones are good with PowerAMP player..Infact better then my previous SE phone W705i.

So with my Budget M2 seems to be perfect fit. When can i expect them on TE?

How comfortable are M2s to use in gym? Does M2s give noise cancellation, as i need to use this in gym as gym people plays their own music.

Back