OC & Modding Help needed regarding temp

macchi12345

Disciple
My intel e7200 idle at 50c and on load goes till 65c..........but interesting thing is my gpu hd4850 idle at 45c and goes till 56c on load...........also in the same ambient temp my laptop idles at 22-24c......so is there any problem with my cpu temp??? CPU side panel is open...........

just have a look around the inside of the case ... especially the cpu cooler and clean up the dust around it ... remove the cooler and reapply TIM and then check the temps ... your cpu temp are still not in the zone for you to worry much ... but cleaning up the case is something that is always good to do.

macchi12345 said:
one thing bother me my gpu temp lower than cpu..........normally it is otherway round; isn't it?
yes and no, my HD 5850 can idle as low as 34C with the ac on while my cpu would be hovering around 38 to 39c at the same time, so there i no hard and fast rule for that .. i have found especialy when using stock heatsink that the area under the fan on the heatsink becomes dust heavy and thus reducing the thermal performance of the unit, this could very well be the case for you.

macchi12345 said:
My intel e7200 idle at 50c and on load goes till 65c..........but interesting thing is my gpu hd4850 idle at 45c and goes till 56c on load...........also in the same ambient temp my laptop idles at 22-24c......so is there any problem with my cpu temp??? CPU side panel is open...........
Those temperatures are decent. No worries.

Back