CPU/Mobo Help - PC not starting up

ajish65

Patron
Hi,

So, as the title says, the PC isn't starting up. The mobo lights come on but only the red light on the case turns on. There's no display at all, the monitor says 'No Signal'. The hard drives are completely silent so they're not spinning, is my guess.

I'm pretty much a noob so don't have much of an idea as to what's wrong. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance! :)

open the cabinet remove the cell(looks like a normal watch cell) and reinsert it. if nothing happens recheck the cables.

Ok, that didn't work. Anyone else?

Remove the memory modules, clean them with an alcohol based cleaning agent. Do the same for the DIMM's.

Recheck all cable connections, remove and reset these, if there is dust -- clean it up. Put everything back together.

Power Up! Should start now, if it doesn't please reply confirming same.

Hope this helped and your computer gets going again, Cheerio!

Remove the memory modules, clean them with an alcohol based cleaning agent. Do the same for the DIMM's.

Recheck all cable connections, remove and reset these, if there is dust -- clean it up. Put everything back together.

Power Up! Should start now, if it doesn't please reply confirming same.

Hope this helped and your computer gets going again, Cheerio!

Nope, still not happening.

Nope, still not happening.

Seems, either of these components has died on you --
  • motherboard; does the PC POST OR it does not start at all, no beep codes nothing.
  • RAM; if you have a friend with similar RAM specs tr to borrow for a day / few hours and verify whether these are out.
  • SMPS; again try to borrow and verify.
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

disconnect everything from mobo -like hdd's, optical drive, etc. try booting without ram sticks. you will get error beeps about bad ram if mobo is working. if not let us know the specs of your rig.
also make sure you have connected the 4pin aux power supply from psu to mobo. sometimes people leave this out by mistake while cleaning.

disconnect everything from mobo -like hdd's, optical drive, etc. try booting without ram sticks. you will get error beeps about bad ram if mobo is working. if not let us know the specs of your rig.
also make sure you have connected the 4pin aux power supply from psu to mobo. sometimes people leave this out by mistake while cleaning.

Didn't try that exactly, but did try to start up w/o any RAM whatsoever but everything else connected. No beeps or anything. Mobo lights came on though.

posting your rig specs like psu, mobo, cpu model would help. otherwise people will shoot arrows in the dark hoping it will hit the target.
The reason i told you to remove everything was to see if psu is faulty or not. if its a generic psu, it might be the culprit.

otoh, mobo might have gone bad too.
did you try clearing the bios and start the mobo? does the keyboard light up on power on? if it does, you could clear cmos through keyboard. i dont know which mobo you're using or what type of bios so cant tell which key. refer your mobo manual to do this.

Back