Help with PSP Slim Unlock

Anish

Skilled
Okay, I know there are million threads already on this, but sill a bit unsure, because its a friend's PSP and I don't wanna screw up.

Its a Slim, Firmware version 3.90

What's the simplest way I can unlock it to playback downloaded games from the Memory stick.

Thanks a ton!

^ Okay thanks.

I don't know anybody with a Fat PSP or a Pandora battery. So basically I need to create a Pandora battery and then load the custom CF right?

Once that is done, I use my regular battery and can load games from the UMD?

^ One more question, can I mod the PSP Slim battery into a Pandora battery?

And how much does a new PSP Slim battery cost? Thanks!

And the Fat batteries will fit in the slim once they are modded right?
Sorry to sound noobish, but being extra careful since its not my psp.

man its about time someone put up a howto on this

maybe Anish since ure doing it u can put a detailed thread :p

and afaik once moded, a pandora battery ca not run psp normally unless its changed back to normal again, thats why ive asked u to refer to the video i posted above

best idea is to get a pandora battery from Dealextreme and mod it urself.. you can even help other ppl and also charge thm if u want lol.. i am yet to hack my Red GOW psp.. nobody is around to help in bangalore.. so plannin to get from Dealextreme

Rave said:
and afaik once moded, a pandora battery ca not run psp normally unless its changed back to normal again, thats why ive asked u to refer to the video i posted above

Technically it can! You just need to start it up using the DC adaptor, start the PSP, push in the pandora battery and then unplug the adaptor. But that's a pain and no one does this other than to periodically recharge the pandora battery.

Anish said:
^ One more question, can I mod the PSP Slim battery into a Pandora battery?

And how much does a new PSP Slim battery cost? Thanks!

Yes you can mod PSP slim battery to a pandora battery, But nowadays new PSP comes with pandora proof battery which can't be pandorized. But there are enuf batteries in the market which can be pandorized. A normal PSP battery wil cost you 40buck if you order them from Amarbir. Also you can get it from dealexterme from the link that is mentioned in this thread

Anish said:
And the Fat batteries will fit in the slim once they are modded right?
Sorry to sound noobish, but being extra careful since its not my psp.
You can make a normal Slim battery to pandora battery from a fat PSP and put use them in your PSP slim to load CFM.
Hope this clears your few doubts..

Also there are ways by which you can make slim battery pandorized by your own PSP Slim standalone.

Send it over to someone experienced on TE. Got mine done through Palpy with a pandora battery, hardly took 5 mins :D

I've asked DealX for a quote with EMS shipping lets see how it works out. Would have sent it across to somebody, but again, the guy is a bit sceptical.

Will try to hunt for somebody in Goa, but seems unlikely.

Back