High End compact digital camera

rohitjain

Disciple
I have a friend returning from Hong Kong in a few days and plan to get a digital camera from there. The options are
1) Sony Alpha NEX-3
2) Sony HX5
3) Cannon SX210 IS
4) Panasonic TZ10

Any ideas on the above ? Which is the best place in HK to buy electronics ?

The NEX is in a totally different class from the others. It won't be a compact though, once you mount the lenses on it. On the other hand, both the HX5 and LZ7/TZ10 are excellent compacts. The hx5 has a CMOS sensor, so theoretically it should take better low light photos. Practically, both are good and produce excellent photos in good light. In low light, both are equally bad. The panasonic has better manual controls. Sony takes better hd video.

The NEX with a 16mm lens is compact,as small as a canon G11.Obviously IQ matches and surpasses most DSLRs.

Other wise the HX5 is the better one,won the EISA 2010-2011 award for the best compact camera.
Also is highly rated by DPreview in their compact camera shootout where it tops most criteria and is also feature packed.

Heard good things about canon sx 210 is. Sales is good according to " vijay sales " in mumbai.
Retailing for about 19k. planning to get it from US ..its about 14k there.

I'm having Panasonic TZ7..which is similar to TZ10, its good and I'm satisfied with it...

Panasonic is good at premium compact cameras

Back