PC Peripherals How Good Is Gigabyte Power Rock 400W 80 Plus ?

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Came across this PSU ion ebay.in

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Gigabyte-PoweRock-Power-Supply-80Plus-Certified-True-400W-400-Watt-SMPS-/400268600041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item5d31de22e9#ht_3219wt_905

Says it has Over-voltage, over-current, under-voltage and short-circuit protection and is 80+ certified, though not qualified enough for the bronze and is an active PFC PSU. Seems real vfm for 1.2k and better than FSP saga 350/400 for ~2k.

Give me your thoughts guys. I will be ordering one or two of these by tomorrow, to be used with two low end home servers/NAS box.

Power rock series lies just before Superb series of PSU's from Gigabyte. For an HTPC/Low end home servers this is more than enough... I am unable to check the link you gave, but judging by your thread title I have suggested it for HTPC/Low end home servers...

yup, i know the Gigabyte 460 is FSP saga II 400 OEM, but this one looks (atleast) robust than the white/alluminium coloured Gigabyte 460. And specs says dual 12v rails, and all features of a good PSU and sleeved cables. And both this and the 460 one is just 80+ and not 80+ bronze. I will be using this to power a sempron LE 145 on an Asus m4n68 MLE to be used as a NAS BOX with freenas OS to be used as VMWARE ESXI mdatastore. SO i guess its ok for the needs. ANyway it has 3 years warranty, so i taking the shot.
<

oops. forgot to add feedback. Got two of them. They arent as heavy, even not comparable to fsp 400. But inside there was 2 filters and the primary cap is Teapo. Its outer cover and smaller heatsinks , and shorter and thinner cables are what makes it light and maybe cheaper too. I might say, its a great choice for low power/entry level or office machine with most components integrated. Works really cool and silent and the voltage rails are pretty stable on loads as well. And have somewhat peace of mind, as it comes with 3 years warranty and has most quality standards like over voltage/power protection and all.

Back