PC Peripherals How good is Strontium EVM DDR3 Ram? (seems dirt cheap)

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
I got an entry level Am3 mobo (M4N68 MLE) as a replacement to older Am2+ mobo, and im looking for some cheap 4/8 GB DDR3 memory. Came across EVM Strontium memory modules on ebay.in for dirt cheap prices with warranty which they claims "lifetime" and shipping charges are moderate as well. Heres the link to the product:

2GB @ 560/-: EVM Strontium 2GB DDR3 Desktop RAM + BILL | eBay4GB @ 1070/-: EVM Strontium 4GB DDR3 Desktop RAM + BILL | eBayeems to be really cheap. Has anyone used this brand of RAM ? I dont need OC potential as the 1333 mhz ram will be running at underclocked 1066 mhz on my Athlon II X2 240 proccy (max support is 1066 ddr3) and so theres enough headroom for oc upto 1333 :p

Also there wont be any lifetime warranty, but will there be atleast 3 yrs like other value rams like kingston/transcend/Adata ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone who has used Strontium modules???

From their site, i got a close photo of it and it seems they uses dynet chips :( The worst one on any memory modules in the world as per my experience on DDR2. Are dynet ddr3 chips better ?

For 200-250 rs extra,you can get a corsair 4gb ram.I have used dynet ddr2 chips for around 4 years and never had any problem.

Yup, i know. But i was looking for some ultimate cheap solution and the machine is intended to use just for some training on Windows/Linux servers. I wont even be connecting a monitor to it, will be using rdp. Anyway ordered 2x gskill value rams from ebay, which was just 100 bucks more than the Strontium ones and the Gskill one says it has 5 years warranty, which is more than enough for my needs. Link : GSkill 2GB DDR3 1333 MHz Value Ram for Desktop | eBay

Anyway thanks for looking guys.

They are being referred as santacruz among low end assemblers :p
think of them as generic ram.
The zion, strontium fall in that same category.

Even saw memory modules made by iball and mercury, and guess what, the IC too was named iball. When did iball and mercury start manufacturing memory chips, let alone the PCB and circuits.

But im happy i chose gskill. Ive been a Gskill fan over Corsair when it comes to ram as my DDR2 Pi silvers has proven to be worth every penny.

Back