User Guides How to work around the download limits on Rapidshare et al

This guide will use Universal Share Downloader (w. captcha support) and a new n' improved router reset technique to hack the download limits of most online one-click file hosts.

This has been tested on a Airtel connection using the Beetel 220BX DSL router.

Step 1. Get Universal Share Downloader (USD) and the CAP OCR from WinCert.net Forums. USD with the captcha will automate downloading for you but cannot bypass the limits. Install both using the .INF files in the archives (right click, install).

Step 2. Get TTERMPRO from Tera Term Home Page. This app will automate the router rebooting. It enables you to use a script (macro) to send a reboot command to the router via telnet. Install the app.

Step 3. Look in the TTERMPRO folder for "login.ttl". This is a sample login file for the TTERMPRO terminal macro app. I modified it for use with the Beetel 220bx. Edit the file in notepad. Replace the bolded parts with your own specifics.

Code:
; Sample macro for Tera Term
;  Telnet login

; open Tera Term
;   command line = 'TERATERM myhost.mydomain' (telnet)
connect '[B]192.168.0.1[/B]'

; set username
UsernamePrompt = 'Login:'
Username = '[B]admin[/B]'
PasswordPrompt = 'Password:'
Password = '[B]password[/B]'

; login
wait   UsernamePrompt
sendln Username

wait   PasswordPrompt
sendln Password

; OK, auto login complete.

sendln 'sh'
sendln 'reboot'

Step 4. Start up USD and in its prefs, look up Scheduler (in the list on the left). Add a new entry set to "run everyday", "after file has been dowloaded". Choose to execute the program and put in "C:\Progra~1\TTERMPRO\ttpmacro login.ttl".

Thats it.

If all goes well, everytime USD completes downloading a file, it will start up TTERM to reset the router via telnet. This will give you a new IP and Rapidshare will let you download. No more limits. Works like a charm.

Although this sounds good in practice, and seems like it would work quite well :) .... what a pain in the ass to have to reboot your router every time you want to download a file, doesn't it seem a little excessive :p

*shrug* i use it when i have to get a lot of large files. for example, a bootleg DVD from Toolbootleg.6x.to/.dl.am will be split into 100meg files (around 44). each 100 meg file usually takes around an hour on my piddly 256k connect. i guess it wont make sense once mbps connections become the norm (soon?).

thanks for the reps. glad i could help.

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Although this sounds good in practice, and seems like it would work quite well :) .... what a pain in the ass to have to reboot your router every time you want to download a file, doesn't it seem a little excessive :p

you can put your router in bridge mode and make a batch file for rasdial for doing the same in a second :p

i posted this on another forum, but i thought everyone here knew it already. if anyone needs i can post a step by step tutorial for using USD/[e]lephant with your or own batch file/ autoit script

I cant really use that because I have a strange problem with my reliance broadnet connection....Apparently my ISP gives me the same IP every time... (123.236.xxx.xx) ... It has been the same for quite some time now....and changes only once in a while ....(once in about a month) . I really want to get rid of this apparently static IP thing.....can anyone confirm if reliance actually does this with every user or is this an odd occurance ?

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
you can put your router in bridge mode and make a batch file for rasdial for doing the same in a second :p
i posted this on another forum, but i thought everyone here knew it already. if anyone needs i can post a step by step tutorial for using USD/[e]lephant with your or own batch file/ autoit script

pls do that.. :)

Thank god, we are BSNLians...

We have dynamic IP for the connection, everytime.. just connect and disconnect the router.. And... bingo... ;)

Neotheone said:
I cant really use that because I have a strange problem with my reliance broadnet connection....Apparently my ISP gives me the same IP every time... (123.236.xxx.xx) ... It has been the same for quite some time now....and changes only once in a while ....(once in about a month) . I really want to get rid of this apparently static IP thing.....can anyone confirm if reliance actually does this with every user or is this an odd occurance ?

yep..same with my reliance wimax connection :(

Code:
x POST Error: 404 Connection timed out (Error #10060)
Rapidshare: can't find <<script>var c=>
Unable to get the link.
Change proxy server to: ":80" (Login: "", Password: "").
Change proxy server to: ":80" (Login: "", Password: "").

i am unable to connect with USD:( ... getting the above error repeatedly in log;anything to specify in settings proxy etc?
connxn:airtel
modem:220bx adsl2+
the modem connects directly when turned on,no dialer etc.

help me guys.

Take a look at RS' latest weapon against leech tools.

Seriously, WTF?!

Attachments

• rs.png
    rs.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 163
Back