Car & Bike Hyundai EON launched at 2.69 Lacs

Charun

Skilled
Hyundai’s latest offering Eon is an amalgamation of style, comfort, utility and economy.

D-Lite: Rs. 2,69,999,

D-Lite with AC option: Rs. 2,91,869,

Era: Rs. 3,11,869,

Magna: 3,36,869,

Magna (O): Rs. 3,46,869,

Sportz: Rs. 3,71,869

• 3_101045.jpg

Hyundai’s Eon will be available with 0.8 L iRDE engine delivering 56PS@5500rpm of maximum power and 7.65Kgm@4000rpm of peak torque.

A good competitor to the best selling alto i guess

[/B]
    Code:
    [URL="http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/recent-launches/hyundai-eon-launched/9957/1"]Hyundai EON Launched!| Zigwheels.com[/URL]

Though in the same segment as the Alto, they are not targetting the same customer base. From the ads it is clear they want to be the first choice car for the slightly well to do segment, and not the overtly price conscious. They are targetting modern India (in the towns and cities) rather than the earlier generations

agantuk said:
Though in the same segment as the Alto, they are not targetting the same customer base. From the ads it is clear they want to be the first choice car for the slightly well to do segment, and not the overtly price conscious. They are targetting modern India (in the towns and cities) rather than the earlier generations
Hi agantuk..
See Hyundai EON is now in the market and giving tough competition to other small cars like alto, micra, ritz. Its looks and mileage is attracting to the Indian people. Its not like that EON is just made for the new generation I think its so comfortable in handling that every people can drive easily.

Eon hasn't been received well in the market at all. K10 beats it in performance, and within the Hyundai family, i10 1.1 after discounts is dangerously close to the Eon on-road.

RD274 said:
Is it just me or is that car showing a >.< face?

^^ I think its just you!!! :p

I think the car looks pretty modern and cute... The Alto looks like a Dinosaur in comparison!!! :lol:

The exterior and interior looks much better than alto. Regarding drive quality, I haven't test driven it yet. How's the Brio compared to this car?

The zing with the EON is that though it belongs to the A segment, it does look and feel like a premium product. However, drawing comparisons with the micra, ritz and Brio is an absolute no-brainer as all 3 of them belong to a segment higher. The Micra infact belongs to 2 segments higher than the EON. Even the Brio and the Ritz are too far ahead of the Eon(power,specs,build,space & segment wise) to be brought into picture. On the other hand, the Alto, Nano seems like a segment or two below the EON. Alto sales will be hurt, but i biggest challenge it poses is to the Chevy Spark and MS A* (both of which are already doing poorly in light of the current trend of fuel price hike).

Hyundai Motors will begin the export of its entry level car Hyundai Eon in a month’s time to South Asian countries and Africa. India will be the export base for Hyundai’s small car Eon. According to the sales figure, Hyundai India is the largest car exporter of India, the company was exporting almost half of its production to other countries a few years ago. However due to the economic slowdown the demand slumped sharply in Europe followed by the debt crisis which led to Hyundai look out for new markets.

Hyundai’s cheapest car in India, Hyundai Eon hatchback comes with a starting price tag of Rs 2.74 lakh (ex-showroom price). The entry level car will help Hyundai Motors to ramp up their sales in Africa and South Asia as these markets are equally price receptive as Indian car market. Arvind Saxena director of sales and marketing Hyundai Motors India, quoted as saying that the company is satisfied with the response Eon has received in India. Ever since the launch Eon in India, it has been clocking around 11,000-12,000 unit sales in India. The company is eyeing to perform equally well in exports too. However he did not mention as to how many Eon cars will be exported.

For Hyundai India is and will remain the hub for small car exports. Hyundai cars being exported from India to other countries include hatchbacks like Hyundai Santro, Hyundai i10, Hyundai i20 and sedan Hyundai Accent. These Hyundai cars are exported to a total of 115 countries across the globe. Eon however would not be able to completely retrieve the falling overseas sales. The company is expecting the export sales to drop nearly 10% in 2012 from 242,330 units in 2011 to 220,000 units this year.

The demand in European markets remains to be bleak. Hyundai India expects to sell around 410,000 units in 2012, 10% more than what it sold last year. Hyundai has a facility located in Chennai in India where cars like Hyundai Eon, Hyundai Santro, Hyundai i10, Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Sonata and Hyundai Verna are manufactured. The plant has a capacity of producing 670,000 units every year.

Your post reads like a news article. If you are quoting from a website or paper, please state your original source, otherwise this would be plain plagarism.

this car turned out to be a utter flop more because of the pricing other than anything else.the price is 3.84 otr for mumbai for the era model,and if you add 40 odd k more you can get a chevrolet beat.

it certainly turns heads on the road and hyundai should be proud about the sleek design,but the pricing of all variants is epic fail.there is a good 50 k difference between this and the k10 alto.

flop? it sells more than the i10.

are you kidding me? you will hardly see an eon on mumbai roads.i spoke to 2 dealers - shreenath hyundai and jaybharat hyundai and they said the same thing that the price is too inflated and people are preferring to spend 50 k more on the i10 rather than the era model.recently hyundai altered their dlite model with power steering because that was hampering their sales.you will see atleast 3 i10's in 5 mins passing by in mumbai.

when i recently went to book an i20,there were 8 interested parties for the i10 in the same dealer and waiting period was 1 month[this was the reason i actually didn't go for the i10].eon is readily available and it will only sell if hyundai decide to price it properly.as of now a 3.84 otr for a 800 cc car is a bit odd.the magna version actually crosses the 4 lakh barrier piting this one with the beat and company.

^ the problem for that aint eon.its the brio and the liva eating i10 in half.would be absolutely interested to see the regional distribution of sales in that figure.
because i cover most of the western express daily,and i just have spotted 1 eon sportz since it has launched.i10 is more like a common sight on the roads.every man and his dog has one :p

Back