Car & Bike i10 vs Beat

touzeen

Doctor Pen and Scalpel
Adept
Looking for our first car of the house.I still dont have my license so will get the car in the mean time and learn in a school.Need a car for home grunt work and or college.Will be buying a Civic after 6 months.
Looking at the i10 and the Chevy Beat
Budget 4-4.5L
Can anyone shed some light about these 2 cars?
I love the way the beat looks but i read its impossible for 3 ppl to sit in the back seat whereas 3 can squeeze in in an i10?
Also if anyone has driven both cars can share their experience?

Dude .. my friend has an i10 .. and the rear seat is a total mess .. it was so uncomfortable for me alone to sit in the whole seat .. well .. im a little big .. but it was a very bad experience .. i have no idea of chevy's beat .. but i love its console .. really cool .!! but no idea whatsoever about the other specs .. well .. i would suggest you to go for SWIFT .. its a very good car .. and i guess .. it will also fit into your budget .. well the ex-showroom costs suggests so if you're in chennai .. have a look .. note the price of SWIFT LXi ..

Price

Looking at your age, Get Chevy Beat. Beat looks's is youthful and fresh, its engine is peppy and fuel efficient. I am sure you will love it. Plus, the is 3 year service warranty which means for next 3years, the only expense on your new car will be fuel. everything else is free(Service costs,spare parts etc). this very big advantage, no other company others such benefits. Here is a detailed review:

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review - Team-BHP

i10 is also a good car but its old and boring. I am sure many won't agree but that's my opinion.

In the End its upto you to decide, so take a test drive of both the vehicles. And see what you are more comfortable with.

Good Luck!

The Beat is a real VFM. I own a chevrolet myself and its Awesome. The Service is also nice & Prompt.

Its a 0 Maintenance Car. U'll love it. Anyways, new car is always better.

The Swift is going to start rattling like hell in a couple of months down the line.

I have a Beat and Grande Punto and have extensively TDed the i10 so maybe I can help you with this.

The Beat has a good peppy engine but I think the i10 looks a bit better with its classical European styling compared to the brash unsophisticated looks of the Beat. The i10's dashboard is better but the Beat's driver side console looks pretty cool. Gear shifts are better on the Beat. Power steering is weighted just like it should be, not the overly light feeling you get on the i10.

I was pretty set on the i10 but completely diverted off it when I discovered that it only comes with crap beige interiors. After that, it was a simple case of heading down the road and plonking the deposit on a Moroccan Blue 1.2LT w/options pack. However, there are a few things that I don't like about the Beat: the rear leg room is not that great and the seats at the back feel a little cramped. The rear windows can anyone feel like they are trapped in a dungeon. That said, I do like the integrated music system with the USB port, the auto climate control, blue backlighting and three year maintenance package.

swift is out of budget as i dont want the very base model.

looking for the beat LS,but will try to push mom for the LT.

@gforce what was ur on road price?

@touzeen - The best you can do is take TD's for all the cars. there is no way you can decide a car by looking at reviews. I too have booked a TD for the beat this weekend, and will take one for Swift (though i know how it is already :p) and for the i10 in the coming weeks.

Took a test drive of the beat an hr back, its less of a car and more of a toy (its fun but it lacks in a lot of areas).

Didnt like the response from the engine, the dash is a bit plasticky and u can see where they have tried to reduce costs. Also they have majorly fcked up with those tyres, i bet the nano has has wider tyres. Upgrading the alloys and tyres is a must to improve this car so count that too as a future cost. It seriously makes the car look like a joke when spotted frm the rear, however the front makes it up for the car's ass. Again u cant see the hood while driving (doesnt matter to me much since i already have a swift)

the rear looks really small from the outside, but surprisingly it wasnt when i got in.

The front seats have a good side view (the rear passengers have to suffer with the less window space. The tail light again is a disappointment and immature like the spark.

However it is vfm considering it gives 16-17 kmpl with a/c ( thats what the sales guy told me).

I too have the same options as u for the time being. I dont knw whether to wait for the Etios, polo (which will clearly be out of budget but no solid news on pricing) and the Nissan Micra or go with any of the above.

The beat is a mixed bag imo, i ll post my opinions of the i10 when i go test one.

Gaurish said:
Looking at your age, Get Chevy Beat. Beat looks's is youthful and fresh, its engine is peppy and fuel efficient. I am sure you will love it. Plus, the is 3 year service warranty which means for next 3years, the only expense on your new car will be fuel. everything else is free(Service costs,spare parts etc). this very big advantage, no other company others such benefits. Here is a detailed review:

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review - Team-BHP

i10 is also a good car but its old and boring. I am sure many won't agree but that's my opinion.

In the End its upto you to decide, so take a test drive of both the vehicles. And see what you are more comfortable with.

Good Luck!

+1. My personal preference would be Beat LT.....(i love the interiors and the overall package they are giving with it.) but its just me

touzeen said:
swift is out of budget as i dont want the very base model.
looking for the beat LS,but will try to push mom for the LT.
@gforce what was ur on road price?
Hi, sorry about the late reply. Here's my entire breakdown of costs:
Beat LT with options pack: 434,990
Moroccan Blue Metallic color: 5,500
Insurance: 11,225
Dealership bogus processing charges: 1,000
Total: 459,715

I ordered the car on the 2nd day of the Auto Expo. This stealership was the only one that could promise me to get the car in my hands in under 15 days. And they kept their word with a delivery time of 13 days. MBlue is certainly a looker and kind of merges the ungainly black creases around the car, unlike say, a Super Red or Cocktail Green.

well.. no offence to anyone.. but i just feel that instead of asking people which car is good, best option would be to test drive the cars.. everyone has different taste and may not particularly go well wid the one who is going to buy the car.. its like asking, Which of these girls shud I marry?? just my 2 pence :)

P.S. I'm feeling glad that there is no such thread in GT.. i mean the girl one :p

Yes man go and test drive Beat, Swift and i10. I bet you settle down for the Swift :) The swift petrol now comes with the K-series engine like that in the ritz. I myself bought my new Swift Vdi and getting delivery tomorrow. I checked out i10 and all other blunders no match for the Swift handling, power and style :) (except for the punto offcourse my heart was beating for the punto ;) but mind said Swift)

The ex-showroom Swift Lxi Chennai is 4,02,909 so onroad roughly shuld go 4.5

You will pat your back when you own this car trust me :hap2:

Booked the Beat LT for 4.5.Chose the Green color.Sundaram motors,the guy said delivery by 1st week of March.

touzeen said:
Booked the Beat LT for 4.5.Chose the Green color.Sundaram motors,the guy said delivery by 1st week of March.

@ 4.5 onroad is this with option pack..???
Please provide break out of costs involved...

metallic LT ,not the options pack.
ex showroom 4,00,499
insurance 15,156
life tax 32,040
registration 6,600
on road 4,54,295

Back