IChoose *to be or not to be* in favor now

tcpip

Disciple
On Dec 4th 2009, a very strange phenomena happened.

My favorite online mobile(TataIndicom) prepaid recharge site(Ichoose.in) gave me Transaction failure errors for the very first time. I have used this site for well over the year and recharged many a times. My family has four prepaid mobiles and I recharge all of them online through netbanking.

I was using Chrome and then popped the first transaction error. I had noticed that they had a recent upgrade too, now one can recharge walky as well as their photon wifi cards too. I should have stopped further but then I used firefox and bang; I got the same transaction error but only this time my bank account got debited also.

This has happened for the very first time. I know that the customer care service is no good and my queries will not be solved unless I go to a TATA gallery.

But why this has bothered me so much because I have got so accustomed to recharging that its difficult to think of an alternative when I require it so much now.

Please let me know your alternative for prepaid recharge through online or you could perhaps share something like a warning when to use IChoose and when not to :p

Mostly, the money will be reversed to your account in a few days. Contact them and give your transaction number, they shall reverse it for you.

For recharging, I use rechargeitnow.com, I've been using them for the past 8-9 months never had a problem yet. Very good site. However, they do not have Docomo yet.

More surprises, the domain IChoose.in has expired on Dec 06.. its gone kaput.. TTSL still owns it.. but the site has gone. I definitely need an alternative for good. Cant rely on a site that does not know when the domain/hosting will expire.

Konquerror said:
Well you can use HDFC for online prepaid recharge...however you need to have HDFC bank account for that. Here is the URL Online Mobile Refill | HDFC Bank - Prepaid Mobile Recharge, Mobile Refill India

Thanks Konquerror, I always used my HDFC netbanking account. I have never used this option. Thanks for sharing will try it out soon.
arun687 said:
Mostly, the money will be reversed to your account in a few days. Contact them and give your transaction number, they shall reverse it for you.

For recharging, I use rechargeitnow.com, I've been using them for the past 8-9 months never had a problem yet. Very good site. However, they do not have Docomo yet.

arun687: Yes I have called and they put me on hold, give me a complaint no and after some days wasted they say that they cannot fix it from thier end, you will have to go to TATA gallery. Really the most useless Customer Service.

I tried Rechargeit, they want me to install some java applet for macaddress, thats a strict no for me :no:
Thanks for sharing though

How reliable is rechargeitnow? And is it necessary to register an account for each mobile number, or can I register one account and recharge all the mobiles in the family using this site? Someone please clarify.

tcpip said:
I tried Rechargeit, they want me to install some java applet for macaddress, thats a strict no for me :no:
Thanks for sharing though

Java applet? I never was told to do anything like that :S I use Opera though.

But while using Firefox I can see Java icon in my system tray.

hp-india said:
How reliable is rechargeitnow? And is it necessary to register an account for each mobile number, or can I register one account and recharge all the mobiles in the family using this site? Someone please clarify.

Rechargeitnow.com is highly reliable. This I'm saying from personal experience, because I'm using them since 8-9 months. Also, just 1 week back there was a payment gateway problem and my account got debited without the recharge going through, I mailed them with my transaction number and they recharged my mobile in 12 hrs.

You can have just one account and recharge as many mobiles as you want of your family and friends. :hap2:

BTW, anyone knows where to recharge Tata docomo online, which also includes their special recharges for GPRS and free calling? There's one called ezrecharge.in but they charge extra fees and I don't think special recharges are available. I tried using mchek, it's a pain. Cannot get it working. :(

Back