Idea to ask money back from Freind's dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got stuck in a peculiar problem. Back in Jan 2011, one of my close friend's dad has came to me and asked for some money. His dad work's in one of bank being governed by central India (He do takes nice salary).

I was knowing the condition that my friend was unable to pay off the college fee and if he wouldn't had paid in time, he won't be allowed to sit in his final exams. Seeing the problem i lent the money to his dad and he even promised me to return it in 2-3 months.(His dad requested me to not to reveal this thing to my friend aka his son)

Now times go on passing, my friend completed his education and got placement too, currently he is making 18-20k PM, But his dad is not willing to return my money
<

I had met his dad 2-3 times in bank, but he is reluctant to start talk about the money i had given to him, my friend is also unaware of this situation. My blood got boiled up last month when his dad bought a new bike, damm...

Can anyone suggest me how should i ask his dad about the money, i don't have the courage to go straight forward and ask for it, i can't even let my friend know about this else he will for sure feel depressed.

The money being given is not a small amount and since they are in good financial condition i want it back, any ideas.....
<
<

Once a marshmellow allways a marshmellow.

^ yeah exactly.

@op, dont lend money if you dont know how to take it back. did you take some acknowledgement from your friends dad or have any proof like cheque etc?

What you can do is:

1 - yell at the father in the bank and ask him to return the money. yes. it will sound very awkward, but its your hard earned money.

2 - tell him you will tell his son and his whole family that he stole your money and not returning it back. you need proof that he took money.

If you dont feel like doing this, get some courage and tell your friend about it. if he gives you the money, then he's is really a friend. if not kick him out of friendship and stop talking to those people.

you can forget about the money too since even the police will ask for proof if you lodge a complaint.

Dude its your money right?

Take it back.Sit in his Bank daily and ask him for money.

Show some guts dude.

And if it needs to demean him in front of his colleauges ,Hell do it!

#being.smart hey man.. how are you??? i was just reading this thread but didnt know you posted it. i am only replying to this one coz we got acquainted in a few other threads..

see first of all, if its your money, you neednt feel the least amount of shame asking for it. and if you do, its a mistake that you lent money.

second thing, its fine if hes your friends dad and you dont wanna get harsh with him. But you can definitely be stern, and let him understand that you are absolutely angry about this kind of behaviour.. do not let him feel you're getting soft again and again. go to him everyday, and talk to him sternly and let him know you're not the one to give up and hes going to have a hard time trying to avoid you anymore.

(i dont know if i should be saying this, but if your friends has asked for money from you this way, and told you not to tell his son and to top it all is now reluctant to return the money, i am not sure how much of shame this man actually has). I've known these kind of people during college and i am telling you they feel no shame in postponing such matters till whenever they like.

if he keeps getting the feeling that after a lot of persisting, you're again gonna buy whatever bullshit he has to throw at you to avoid returning the money, he will just keep doing so and such people also think they're some kind of smart asses and mock you in their mind thinking what a fool they are able to make out of you.

go up to him, and be very very serious with him. be very confident, and look for some fear in his eyes.. this way hes gonna realize theres just no way out. and the max you should be doing this for now is 3 days..

if this doesnt solve your problem in 3 days, you just tell him that you are telling his son and his family what has happened..

and i dont know how much of friend your friend really is, but because this involves his dad, theres a very good chance even he might get angry at you instead and just be pathetic oaf not because he doesnt believe you because maybe he knows and doesnt want to accept it..

and man, i'd even advise you to talk to your parents about this.. i am sure they will understand why you gave the money and even accompany you in dealing with this.. i am not saying so because you are young, but because your parents might be able to put much more pressure on the guy.

Just like you said the other day that u wont be coming back on TE, but again posted.. just be like that with him as well dude.

Think of that uncle as a walkin, talkin TE and just stick with him asking about your money.

<

@Op Holly molly here your again. Dude how come you end up creating weird threads like these

Do i look like kid - http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1

Valentine Proposal Idea - http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1

and now this
<
. (I believe) there's lots more coming.

Your problem for not getting money is in this thread "Do i look like kid" .

Yes ,you look like kid and people cheat by stealing your cookie. There is a site called Facebook, post there to receive more mature comments.

you really have some serious Sh!t going on in your life all at one time and you rather go to your friends(if any) but seek advice from TE.

Seriously where are we heading
<
.pisses me often come across thread (crap) like these in TE.

P.S - In next TE upgrade Admin / Mods pls create a Advice section and make Being.smart as mod for that .

Once a marshmellow allways a marshmellow.

what does it mean ??
<

>> i don't have any proof, paid him in cash.

@6pack> i really dont like the idea of yelling, never yelled at anyone till date

@puneet> your ideas seems to be nice, i think i should go to bank as ask him for it.I tried alot to bring the issue but he keep on neglecting it, I think he might be ignoring me due to the fact that i live alone with my step-mom, i don't have parents bro
<
<

@spaceseemer >> i almost decided to giveup on TE, but the TE kida had bitten me again

@Rico>> i don't have much friend bro, got 2-3 frds only, out of which 2 were settle out of India, so i think TE is the best place, and posting such thing in FB will surely affect my bizz...
<

Ppl, I think i know what's going on here
<

This is an online person Made by some of ur staff to fill the "rite" gap
<

We have drama in life, TV and now on internet
<

I don't want to be rude, but this is a technology forum.

Do you have any questions about technology or only about bits of your soul?

There is something called growing up. It seems you are taking advice for the wrong bits of your life. Maybe you do need to yell and scream at someone (and I encourage it to be against this post).

You will deal with cheats, idiots and all sorts of villanous characters all your life. Figure out how to deal with them by yourself first, or let it slide. That is how people learn. Or not.

Warning: don't ask for personal life advice on any kind of public forum. You have posted your own pic, talked about your love life, and finally about how rich and full of money you are. Couple that with your insecurities about your physical appearance and an admittance of socially shy behaviour, and you're setting yourself up to be exploited by anyone reading this board. And if you are some kind of bot created by some sick character, get the hell off this board.

Get out there and do your own stuff. take your own decisions, and stop taking opinion polls to find solutions to your life. Else you're going to have a very tough one.

I know OP is trolling but I am sure it is ok to have such topics in the general forum. Look at the number of OT topics in the general section and you'd know that he hasn't broken any rule of TE.

As for the OP, mate this is your chance to be a MAN (Do i look like kid[font=arial, sans-serif] - [/font]http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1) by giving up the money you owe your friend's father. Who know's his dad is impressed by you and you get to marry your friend's sister or hot cousin (Valentine Proposal Idea [font=arial, sans-serif]- [/font]http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1) in lieu of the money?

I agree with cranky, You have shared a bit too much info about yourself on this forum.

I too have created some weird threads here, but I had my limits, about your problem just gather some courage and ask for ur money.

As for the OP, mate this is your chance to be a MAN (Do i look like kid[font=arial, sans-serif] - [/font]http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1) by giving up the money you owe your friend's father. Who know's his dad is impressed by you and you get to marry your friend's sister or hot cousin (Valentine Proposal Idea [font=arial, sans-serif]- [/font]http://www.techencla...__fromsearch__1) in lieu of the money?

That is a whacky suggestion and precisely why person like Cranky is against asking advice on such matters on a tech forums in a heap.

Dont complicate matters for everybody further.

That is a whacky suggestion and precisely why person like Cranky is against asking advice on such matters on a tech forums in a heap.

Dont complicate matters for everybody further.

I am not sure why you don't see it but the OP is literally begging for being thrashed by all kinds of advice. I am just trying to contribute to the cause.

It's money, you have to be harsh and dirty. That's why money is called the root of all evil.

Just get it back and be done with it.

Don't look like a wimp. It seems your uncle already knows you are scared of asking and have a tendency go soft. Just keep in mind that he will still look at you that way and you have to change that.

@everyone unhappy with this thread: Please report the post to a moderator. Taking a dig at OP under the guise of "stupid thread" etc also doesn't look that graceful either.

Once again, report and type all your complains there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back