In dilemma about camera

PuZZleScRipT

Disciple
I finally decided to get a digital camera :eek:hyeah: and my budget is around 15k

This would be my first camera,till now I used only mobile phones clicking pictures
I really loved mobile photography but now I want to move on and enter the real world of photography.:D
I shortlisted two models by searching previous threads
Canon SX120IS and Panasonic FZ35

Which one should I go with?:S
if there are better camera's available please do post about them

FZ35 is available through grey sources and therefore does not carry manufacturer's warranty. The maximum cover that you can get by going in for a grey FZ35 piece is a one year dealers' warranty. In that the seller will probably try and repair the camera should any problem arise, but they will definitely not replace it.

Everyone who has bought a FZ35 on TE has got the dealer's warranty. If you buy it through official channels to avail the manufacturer's warranty then be ready to pay up to 10k more.

^^ Unless from a reputed dealer who honours warranty, it is always a risk. There have been instances here in TE where someone had sent his camera to the dealer for repair/replacement and never got to hear from him after that. So, if its a dealer warranty only, I would prefer that it be from a brick and mortar store than from some unknown guy online.

Also, give a thought as to whether you really want to go for a bulky ultrazoom. Tempting and exciting as it seems, it wouldn't suit if you want something to carry everyday everywhere for clicking randomly. I have a Panasonic FZ8, and I am considering buying a compact cam for this purpose.

logistopath said:
Also, give a thought as to whether you really want to go for a bulky ultrazoom. Tempting and exciting as it seems, it wouldn't suit if you want something to carry everyday everywhere for clicking randomly. I have a Panasonic FZ8, and I am considering buying a compact cam for this purpose.
Is It that bulky? Which compact cam can I get for my budget?

Back