In one para : what's wrong with our modern diet.

@Emperor
To be clear, I fully prefer, trust, give first priority to scientifically tested medicines when and where that is applicable, which are majority of use cases.
Similarly, ayurveda have it's own place where it can and should be utilized.
Both should be respected in contexts applicable, that is all.

@Emperor
To be clear, I fully prefer, trust, give first priority to scientifically tested medicines when and where that is applicable, which are majority of use cases.
Similarly, ayurveda have it's own place where it can and should be utilized.
Both should be respected in contexts applicable, that is all.
sorry but really didn't get what you mean?

I meant being pro-ayurveda does not mean am blindly averse to modern medicine, rather I prefer modern medicine in majority of cases where the same is better.
Ayurveda do have it's place wherever it is applicable, but will not blindly follow it without care like those people overdosing on herbs.

I meant being pro-ayurveda does not mean am blindly averse to modern medicine, rather I prefer modern medicine in majority of cases where the same is better.
Ayurveda do have it's place wherever it is applicable, but will not blindly follow it without care like those people overdosing on herbs.
I use only well researched & PRESCRIBED medicine & that too from Reputed Pharmacy either for Allopathy, Ayurvedic or Homeopathy.
Till now never used any Vitamin/Extra Power/Extra Muscle type medicine etc. from any pathy.
Never believe in Miracle Drugs that cure anything over night.

> Till now never used any Vitamin/Extra Power/Extra Muscle type medicine etc. from any pathy.

Everybody have different requirements, for eg., people living in certain climate conditions, body conditions (incapability to absorb vitamins, for eg., Vit.B required by diabetic or those with certain genetic disposition, Vit.D required by people in areas where sunlight is low, etc.).

So, as mentioned earlier, it's contextual. If your lifestyle suits you, that is great, let others have their requirements.

From what I have observed/read about, it's mostly oily, fake, toxic, hard to digest food, macros ratio and sibo(where bad bacteria overpower good bacteria in the gut) cause issues not salt and sugar.
Sugar produces very lower metabolic stress compared to fats and proteins, so it is pretty neutral and is also easier to digest compared to something like kidney beans.

People are coming up with limiting fats to 10-30% of calories(which is a huge range, don't know what the exact should be), this percentage is considered very good for optimal metabolism(diabetes is a metabolic disease)
Also it is said now that high metabolism extends lifespan, improves sleep etc., so more calories actually mean it's better.
Obesity is said to be caused when your body cannot burn the incoming calories properly because of impaired metabolism(it's said to be mainly due to oils, endotoxins from sibo).

What about the greens rich in iron and Vitamins.
I've heard a lot about Moringa powder And MANY MORE THINGS from AYURVEDS.
My friend's mother Has been taking that powder, a teaspoon every single day for many years and she's fine as hell.
Prebiotic and Probiotics play another important role.
I've seen Americans selling these greens Blended and at high prices, which are actually the Desi things which our ancestors and Doctors Have been talking about since ages.
For reference, AG1. A very famous drink brand called Athletic greens.
So, we got to infuse these healthy things into the diet which we can't get from our regular foods anymore. as this thread itself has so many posts stating the soil issues and Stuff.

@Awesomadin

Everything in moderation and thoughtful consideration is the key, though modern lifestyle won't help us with all this.

For eg., Millet are touted as miracle grain these days and pushed due to variety of reasons. But, will be better if people with thyroid issues take adequate care and caution and avoid excess consumption.

Cadmium, lead and iron found to be hundreds of times more than permissible limits in many vegetables in many shops in Bengaluru, including the "organic" ones.
I think, TheLiverDoc, what found/posted/refer (objectionable ingredients in Triphala Guggul) is coming directly from/within Herbs used to prepared that medicine and NOT ADDED intentionally by Manufactures, as none of BIG/GOOD Manufacturers ever want it's product under black listed or cause toxicity to users.
@Awesomadin

Everything in moderation and thoughtful consideration is the key, though modern lifestyle won't help us with all this.

For eg., Millet are touted as miracle grain these days and pushed due to variety of reasons. But, will be better if people with thyroid issues take adequate care and caution and avoid excess consumption.
one need to balance VAAT, PITTA & COUGH (Tridosh) in body before it headed to any Remedies, if these 3 elements balanced in patients body than ANY Prescribed Medicine (by Allopathy, Ayurvedic, Unani or Homeopathy) will show effects in short term.

As, as per Ayurveda ANY DESASE not able to enter in body if TRIDOSH is balanced and in todays busy/fast food/ready to eat packets life style, neither Patients nor Practitioner have time to Balance TRIDOSH and than move with (prescription) treatments.

Last edited:
Too much 'refined sugar' [including all colors of refined sugar] in everything.

PS: I'm not talking about the natural sugars available in all grown foods.

es, as none of BIG/GOOD Manufacturers ever want it's product under black listed or cause toxicity to users.
Exactly, the pollution that is being spread in India is being defended in the name of Ayurveda. The toxins in ayurvedic medicines, found in tests abroad, are not inserted by "Ayurveda", but by the environment. The "solution" is to not even test.

Even in air pollution, 37 of top 50 polluted cities of the world are in India.

n
Exactly, the pollution that is being spread in India is being defended in the name of Ayurveda. The toxins in ayurvedic medicines, found in tests abroad, are not inserted by "Ayurveda", but by the environment. The "solution" is to not even test.

Even in air pollution, 37 of top 50 polluted cities of the world are in India.
Not only India but nearly all over World have same issue (some cities/counties may have exception, thus, not want to enter in debate ), even if, one grow herbs in USA or in amazon river bank will find same little/more toxic ingredients in herbs, and as USA etc. countries have very good testing facilities they may keep finding ... in any medicine that made in any part of world.... and ESPECIALLY if made by Ayurveda & in India !!!

Nadiad Deputy Superintendent of Police V R Bajpayee told The Indian Express, the post mortem and viscera reports are awaited to confirm the cause of the deaths. “But, primarily the common aspect is that they had all purchased Ayurvedic syrup Kal Meghasava from the local store in the village and consumed it. The Nadiad rural police have registered a case of accidental death. The contents of the bottle state that it has less than 11 per cent alcohol content. We are investigating if the deaths are connected to the consumption of the syrup,” the officer said.

Back