India's Tour of Australia - 2011

The pitch all of sudden turns into a land mine garden....and "Bhagwaan" still on 99*.looks like that ispecial 100 is reserved for those National Highways of India..

#sharktale1212: cricinfo + office
<

How is it that India is still ranked #2 in both the formats of the game?
<

http://www.espncrici...age/211271.html

The rankings are up to date as well.

#Bluffmaster the ranking take into count the old performances and also the head to head performance, if we loose 4-0 and SA beats NZ 3-0 we will go down to 3rd rank.

ODI definitely we have very good record in 2011, so we deserve that rating, but hope the rot of tests does not infect the ODIs.

I feel for Dravid. Safe to say the wall has been completely breached.

Yeah.. i am not able to understand what is happening to Dravid. The best batsmen in the entire cricketing world for defence, is getting bowled again and again. The wall developed chinks
<
There's a lot of gap b/w bat & pad.

P.S India should atleast thank Aussies at the presentation ceremony. They saved our team from an innings defeat. Now pls, anyone willing to bet on the loss margin ?
<

The match is bloody fixed. BCCI would have sent out feelers to Cricket Australia before the match asking them to take this to the 5th day. No wonder Hussey was talking about this being a 'longer' match even before the match had started, and Ponting talking about it being 'difficult' to take 20 wickets on this pitch.

Rahul Dravid likely to announce retirement shortly

ADELAIDE: Rahul Dravid's glorious international career may have come to an end on Friday, with the veteran batsman likely to announce his retirement shortly.

The 39-year-old Dravid, one of the game's greatest batsmen, is believed to have told some of his teammates after another failure against Australia in the final Test that he had decided to hang his boots.

He could not be reached for his comments. Dravid, like most other Indian batsmen, has had a poor run in the current four-Test series which will conclude on Saturday with India likely to suffer another defeat to give Australia a clean sweep.

He made 194 runs at an average of 24.25 in this series. Dravid has already announced his retirement from one-day cricket and Twenty20.

The elegant right hander, nicknamed 'The Wall' for his dour defence, is the second highest run getter in Test history with 13,288 runs, behind only Sachin Tendulkar who has 15,470 runs. He has 36 Test centuries with a highest score of 270 and an average of 52.31.

Dravid has also taken more catches (210) than anyone else in Test history during his 164 Test matches since he made his debut against England at Lord's in 1996. He captained India from December 2005 to August 2007. There is a question mark over another Indian veteran VVS Laxman who too had a miserable run against Australia in the current series. There was no word yet about his future plans.

Frankly the number of times he has been bowled, it was getting ridiculous as well.

Should have taken retirement from australian tour(s) when he was felicitated on the last tour itself.

Yeah.. i am not able to understand what is happening to Dravid. The best batsmen in the entire cricketing world for defence, is getting bowled again and again. The wall developed chinks
<
There's a lot of gap b/w bat & pad.

P.S India should atleast thank Aussies at the presentation ceremony. They saved our team from an innings defeat. Now pls, anyone willing to bet on the loss margin ?
<

295 - 300 (loss margin)

lost by 298...This would have finished yesterday if followon was enforced..8-0..Its time for Old Guards to retire...Laxman atleast..one by one is a better option.

Oh my lord....My Pommie team lost too...72 allout...Looks like only WI and Aus can sustain the No 1 rankings for 10 + years..other teams cant even retain them for 10 months..

Oh my lord....My Pommie team lost too...72 allout...Looks like only WI and Aus can sustain the No 1 rankings for 10 + years..other teams cant even retain them for 10 months..

lol the pommies can't play spin on subcont tracks.

Among Aus/Eng/Ind/Pak/SA/SL/NZ, I wait for the day when one of these teams will beat the other AWAY.

India doesn't play away for 2 years now (our batsmen must be feeling cosy with their favorite curators by their side now) but its a chance for Aus/Eng/SA to show they can bat on roads too.

i read the tv channels have started loosing ads and viewership in this series. saw on crimes of india (aka TOI) that hardly anyone was watching the test series and that many advertisers have shied from sponsoring the team now. i hope the sponsors go to sports like tennis, hockey, badminton and football. no one should sponsor the indian cricket team from now onwards.

Well they have asked for TRP linked ad slots cost now. I hope the they lose the test matches in India too. Won't that be fun.

If you look at it, they never won as convincingly in India as they lost abroad. Even the test series with Aus would have been a draw had it not been for the last wicket heroics. They were that bad.

<
"Australia and England agree to stop playing each other. Ashes winner to be decided based on who beats India by a bigger margin."
<

Well they have asked for TRP linked ad slots cost now. I hope the they lose the test matches in India too. Won't that be fun.

If you look at it, they never won as convincingly in India as they lost abroad. Even the test series with Aus would have been a draw had it not been for the last wicket heroics. They were that bad.

India continue to keep bringing up their home record in response to their back-to-back 0-4 whitewashes in England and Australia. The moment the question about the whitewashes was asked, Virender Sehwag shot back even before it could be finished, "We also won 2-0 in India."
<
Yeah right

Back