Installing SOLARIS 10 on x86

Hi, I download a Solaris 10 dvd iso (x86) image and write it to dvd with help of nero. after i set boot mode is cdrom then boot the dvd and got the grub> prompt. when i press tab key It shown certain commands, i want to know how install solaris 10 it was not shown any grub menu It shown grub prompt.

Verifying DMI Pool Data ..................
Boot from CD : Loading Stage 2

GNU GRUB version 0.95 (639K lower / 752576K upper memory)

[Minimal BASH-like line editiing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename. ]

grub> _
:huh: :huh:

plz help me...

do you specifically need "solaris 10" for some work? if not you should try out the recent release of OpenSolaris its a little bit more user friendly and I believe its a "live CD" too so you can try it out before installing...

yeah...exactly....Solaris 10 is mostly used for organizations that need a really robust OS...Solaris 10 is exactly that...but its not THAT user friendly....u could try out OpenSUSE if its not any official work that u r going to do....

actually I'm work as a network administrator job and Using 8 Windows 2003 Entrprise Server but recently over IT management take the decision for change it to Solaris 10. so i have 2 way learn this or leave the job.

Back