ipad2 or ipad3 for music applications ?

nothing different. just better resolution. means everything is clear. iPad 2 runs those apps perfectly. but let me add that both apps are good only for demos and ideas. so spending so much doesn't make much sense whether ipad3 or 2 .

Dude, one of the most disappointing thing about iPad 3 and 4 is practically no improvement to the audio chip. Even though you have crazy amounts of apps for almost every element of music creation. If i was you, i would have just picked up iPad 2 with the highest capacity affordable. There are improvements to iPad 3 and 4 that are not helpful for music production. f you are into music app for production check out Thumbjam. Its one of the best soundin apps and using it is a breeze. Lemme know what kinda work you are plannin to do and i can suggest apps accordingly.

I'm into something similar. Tried a few apps, FruityLoops, GarageBand.
Would like to hear more suggestions for music making apps! STill havent found a perfect app. :(

After reading so many reviews I have placed an order for ipad mini , 16gb wifi white model.
Will install Garageband & Fl Studio HD 2.0
I tried Garageband in ipad mini & in ipad4 .Didn't notice difference in performance.IMHO there is no need for retina display for ipad mini .

@ Vince - try Garageband ,logic pro in mac or fl studio ,cubase,reason,ableton live in PC .you will get good results .these portable devices are for making demo songs.
After 2 or 3 years we can expect powerful MS surface book / surface pro .

Hey Vince,

U can actually make a decent mix thru an ipad now. I have been using Auria recently and i can connect my Apogee one to it and record decent quality signal. I have tracked guitars, female vocals and male vocals and the quality is pretty decent. You can hook up make usb complaint sound cards thru a CCK into the ipad. Auria also has plugins in the app for additional tweaking. Now that Audiobus has been launched, you can now route audio from one app and record in another. Foe example, you can play a veena in thumbjam (a must have app) and record the audio in Auria. The routing is all internal. You have multiple instument apps that support this and apple has released the code to developers to make more apps compatible with audiobus.

I'm into something similar. Tried a few apps, FruityLoops, GarageBand.
Would like to hear more suggestions for music making apps! STill havent found a perfect app. :(

^^i have ipad 2 on iOS 6 and i have never seen any lag what so ever, ya its not as fast as iphone 5 on loading certain application but lag .... no not at all. I have more than 50-60 games and other apps on ipad.

Ipad 2 lags on 6.0
Ipad 3 better with retina display and Advanced Model is always better..
Siri :bleh:

Hey destiny,

I am on ios 5.1.1 ipad 2 and no lag whatsoever. Ipad 3 and 4 have better displays and better GPU which is not relevant for music apps IMO. So why pay more on features u wont use. Rather buy a camera connection kit and highest capacity ipad for that budget. Maybe a mic or a usb midi controller which will truely help him with production. I have seen a lot of them use remote control apps like TOUCH OSC with which they can transmit midi wirelessly. Which can be used to trigger ur daw.

And SIRI??? Seriously???

Back