Iphone dreams shattered? Now what?

vb86

Adept
Ok people. Many of you would be in the same boat as I am. Since your iphone hopes have gone down the drain (courtesy: vodafone), what are you planning to buy now?

Most probably N96.. Its iPhone Killer mobile for sure... It is coming to India soon! in fact advertising have also started..

Many guys have old iPhone are seems to be lucky :p coz, mostly they got iPhone for 16-20k..

You can get N82 or good sony erricson phone :)

ya. i bought the old gen iphone for my dad in november for 17k. i have the n82 in mind and the n78 too (it has feature pack 2 in it).. but im not too sure about the keypad.. will go to the showroom and see them. i really dont know the advantages or extra features in fp2. im also gonna look at se c902.

will wait for dream or touch diamond prices to come down...wasn't waiting for iphone anyway.

At 31k its expensive....at 12k it would have been like Nokia 6600, seen with almost every other guy.

I am looking forward to the Samsung i900 Omnia. Sony Xperia X1 is out of our league with its expected price point of $1100. I need a new phone as my P910i is slowly dying out on me. Will have to get something soon. But I will mostly prefer Windows Mobile over Symbian this time around.

deep_nx said:
i took an old iphone being aware of the fact that the 3g is gonna come :D

and i can say i have taken a wise desicion !!!

Maybe in your opinion. But if I was in your place, instead of paying 26k, I would have opted for 5k more and got a new model, with warranty and piece of mind.

Arya said:
will wait for dream or touch diamond prices to come down...wasn't waiting for iphone anyway.

At 31k its expensive....at 12k it would have been like Nokia 6600, seen with almost every other guy.

Touch Diamond doesnt even have 3G. It is hardly a phone to consider if you plan to buy a relatively future-proof phone.

i got old gen iphone a few months back.. me content with it.. but i am getting 30k as a gift and planning to sell off my iphone .. i want to buy the W902 :D .. anyone interested in buyin my iphone :p ??

BackToExistence said:
i got old gen iphone a few months back.. me content with it.. but i am getting 30k as a gift and planning to sell off my iphone .. i want to buy the W902 :D .. anyone interested in buyin my iphone :p ??

ME ME ME :eek:hyeah:

Pat said:
Touch Diamond doesnt even have 3G. It is hardly a phone to consider if you plan to buy a relatively future-proof phone.

The one selling in india right now doesn't, but with iphone and 3G services starting i should not take too long.

apextwin146 said:
But Touch is better than N96 .. just checked out the feautures ..
Bty by when would it be possible to use the 3g networks in india?

mtnl and bsnl cutomers should have 3g access by the end of the year. as far as the rest of the operators go, they first need to take part in a 3g auction open to all providers. in delhi and mumbai, a max of 2 gsm operators will get 3g spectrum. its not necessary that ur operator will get a chance to offer 3g.

To be honest I was never interested in the iPhone 3G anyway. I will decide between the Touch Diamond and the Xperia X1 when it comes out. The Samsung Omnia i900 seems to be a good phone but then I have always been biased against Samsung :p

Hells_Fury said:
To be honest I was never interested in the iPhone 3G anyway. I will decide between the Touch Diamond and the Xperia X1 when it comes out. The Samsung Omnia i900 seems to be a good phone but then I have always been biased against Samsung :p

^^ you ready to spend $1100 (~50-60k) for the Xperia X1?

Back