Ipod or Zen or .....?

i've been using the zvm for 3 years now, and though i'd recommnd it, it IS kinda old.. the newer 60gb model should be slimmer, but still.

i like archos and cowon, but i'm not sure if their models will support most vid formats like teh ZVM..

I had a Creative Zen 4GB, briefly. It died within a couple of weeks time. Researched alot on the web and found many other users who had bad times with this player: white screen of death, firmware bugs, battery problems, or simply just a dead player. I would avoid it if possible. Maybe these flaws are fixed on the new Zen X-FI series, but who knows.

Battery life was not that great, also SQ was only "good". Towards the end of its life it kept rebuilding the library each time it was switched on... and im not the only one.

MP3 Players - Creative Labs

In retrospect, my Transcend T610 sounds better, has awesome battery life and is reliable.

Right now im using Sony A818 8GB and it sounds too good, best SQ from an MP3 player that i've heard.

thetoxicmind said:
it's the case in any mp3 player :eek:hyeah: !
you can't expect all options & features listed at once...
and ppl sure don't mind navigating thro them..
keeps them busy at times :hap2:

it still is your choice though.

no its not...
if i want to go to the main menu, i can press and hold the menu button.... but if i want to go back to my playlist, i have to select all the way(music--->playlist--->on the go)

they reduce functionality just for the looks...1 or 2 more buttons wouldnot hurt
imo menu and song menu should be seperate buttons

The D2 Cowon is awesome, it supports a lot of different music and movie formats. The sound quality is rated as one of the best available, it has a built in feature that you can control from the menu that will re-compress badly compressed audio files and clean up the sound. I have a High Capacity 4gb SD card which I can play movies from just fine...and you can put up to a 32gb (I think that is the highest currently available) and touch screen with millions of colors a great deal in the US for around 140.00

Back