Android Issues with Mi Note 4, after getting entire display changed for 1500 INR from local mobile shop.

Futureized

Skilled
Having serious issues with my Mi Note 4, after getting the display panel changed for 1500 INR.
Old was broken and power button, volume buttons stopped working.
Mobile shop guy suggested to get entire display panel changed.

After changing the panel:
1. I had serious issues with my 2 sim cards Jio (Primary) Vodafone (secondary, disabled mostly only used to receive PM for banking transactions or other security things).
Got both the SIM replaced and now network issue is gone.. both were like 6+ years old..

2. Now issues comes with on bottom of screen Switch Apps, Home, Back.
Buttons work fine, if I press it properly, (unlike with earlier display panel or I have to press the buttons multiple times to get the results..

3. Same problem noticed on corners of left top/bottom screen. While playing games you get an option X to cancel and re-start.
Those buttons wont work on screen while playing games always.

4. Weird but also find a huuge battery drain issue after changing panel (it must be because of Miui Rom earlier was 11.0.1 now latest is 11.0.2, lot of changes done here to improve display and least worry about performance, like killing older versions of a product..

5. Mobile software has an option to double tap the screen to wakeup, but this double tap works/does not works many times.

6. Does using a screen guard is helpful for better life of mobile ? I got an awesome back cover from amazon and happy with same.

What would be your suggestions, if there any apps/websites/games which can help me test the display properly.
Or what would you suggest.

Attachments

• old broken panel 1.jpg
    old broken panel 1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 254
  • new back cover.jpg
    new back cover.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 107
  • new display screen.jpg
    new display screen.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Its probably because the local chinese shops get screen in bulk from china. they are not authorised screens so they have many quality control issues. ( most of them are screens rejected by OEM quality control teams, sold for cheap in second hand market and then shipped to various countries).

thats why even mobile shop repair guys dont give any type of warrenty on them once you walk out of shop. I sourced a cheap nexus 7 tab lcd this way from aliexpress and even though it worked, the tab got hot af so I had to discard the screen

I wonder why you went to local shop for mi note 4 when you can get screen replaced in authorised Mi service center for like 2.5k and have peace of mind and warranty

Back