Jamo E680 and HT AVR Questions

m4w

Disciple
Guys, I'm researching an all-round HT 5.1 setup that has solid fronts and rears (for quadrophonic music). I have a pair of Bose 201s and Kenwood S711s (need a little repair on the body - re-gluing?). I'll prolly use these in other rooms/zones for a multi-room setup.

Anyways, I've got a buddy letting go of his Jamo E680s for 32k. If you follow the double-the-USD-price benchmark, this price is good for a brand new set (400x2 USD). They're approx 1.5 yrs old and would fit in as fronts in my setup. Does anyone here have an opinion on them :)?

Receivers I'm checking out include Onkyo (SR605), Denon, Marantz.

Last I heard, the 605 was selling for 32k in Delhi. It retails for ~400 USD stateside. As usual, the Indian consumer gets gimped.

@TechHead HMDYP (how much did you pay)? does your 605 heat up? and what are your HD sources?

I don't think I really need a HDMI receiver cuz I have a DVI projector. The only output to the projector will be from a HTPC. No PS3/BluRay/HD-DVD right now but can be in the near future. HDMI<>DVI conversion will work fine, I hope.

On a related note, does anyone have a clue when our cable TV will go HD?

It doesn't get too hot. My sources are a PS3 and a Pioneer upconverting DVD player. Prices suck though.. you're right. Paid 31.7k for mine.

Back