Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days demo is out on steam

It was out for quite sometime now. Ran pretty well on my systems maxed out. Really looking forward to this game.

My internet is slow for last 8 days so couldn't test it out.

What fps did you get ?

Damn Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is another one that I missed out along with Call of Juarez. :ashamed:

Would it be worth playing the first title now? Been almost 2 years. :p

Aman27deep said:
I'd say no, and i am saying that because its a buggy game and i get 5 fps on my HD 4670 (the game hates ATI cards)

Strange. Gives me 50+ Fps with everything high on my ATI HD4850, assuming you're talking about the first game.

At this point, I'm literally tired of convincing people to try the first game. If people are attracted to games driven by solid storyline and voice acting, then this is one of them. Grossly under-rated and hated by many for reasons unknown. I loved the first game and thought it was more like a Michael Mann movie than a game. I think it drew a lot of inspiration from Mann's movie, Heat (1995). Infact, David Cage would have been a perfect candidate for Lynch in the upcoming Kane & Lynch movie, which now has Jamie Foxx as Lynch, a miscast. Anyway, the game is top-notch on the dialogues. The character development and intensity is awesome. I had completed this game in a one sitting, that's how interesting it was. True it's a bit short, but it's worth it. The graphics may look dated, but don't just go by the cosmetic looks. The gameplay mechanics a very simple and basic. People have complained about shoddy controls and technical glitches, but I didn't encounter a single one during all my 3 play-throughs. It ran well on my 7900GT, as it did on my HD4850.

I have been waiting for the sequel since the first game ended. After playing the demo, it's turned out to be even more intense. You'll find that the look and feel of the game has been completely modified. It has a grittier look and more violence. So if you ask me that the first one is still worth playing, I would say, F*ck YES! It just a 3 year old game. I completed Mafia recently which is close to 8 years old. Great games deserved to be played, no matter how old they are.

I also thought that you are gonna be pissed about writing another review, so i was thinking of quoting your old review from TDF and posting here, but since i didn't know whether it was okay with you i didn't post it. Thanks again. I hope the Descecrator is convinced.

Finished the demo.It seems dog days have improved a bit from the previous title.havent completed the previous title yet.The demo was quite good.

This game have been made extremely cinematic and by extremely i mean it.The camera goes blur and shakes when your character run.The controls have been made easy enough.the camera angles and the sound is quite good too.The gfx have improved a bit and has been made as mentioned earlier more realistic like as if has been shot from a low pixelated camera.:D

some may like it some may not as at some stages the explosions and some other parts are in lower resolutions which is obvious for that kind of camera.But it does gives a realistic feeling to the game.Thus making it more cinematic.

Multiplayer on the other hand is good too.but sometimes the server disconnects in the middle.

Back