Laptops Laptop For 45K : Dell/Sony/HP?

premsharma695 said:
Over heating is a problem with Lappy which has a discrete graphics card, be it any brand. Therefore, you should look for lappy which has best integrated graphics and not graphic card. Obviously none other than ATI. Here is one for you Dell Inspiron M501R. It has AMD Phenom II X3 Procy, 880 chipset and ATI 550V (4250) integrated graphic. This is miles ahead of intel based laptops and 10-12000 less than intel models costs. There are models from HP too i.e. HP ProBook 4325s/4425s/4525s series etc.
Read the first post of the thread,op has clearly mentioned that he is going to play games on the laptop,though he will be gaming casually, a discreet gpu is a must for running the present generation games and the crappy integrated graphics whether its intel igp or ati 550v wont be able to deliver the desired results(i.e. playing games at low-medium resolution and details).

And the AMD laptop processors are known for their battery hungry and heating issues and i have personal experience with such amd based laptops, whenever a new amd cpu based laptop is launched people say that it doesnt have heating issues and all but later they repent their purchase decision.

The only good thing associated with AMD cpu based laptop is the price and it makes sense to go for it if you are cash strapped and cant extend your budget for a intel based laptop.

I would suggest you a sony vaio EB 36(VPCEB36FG/L) full HD model and it carry style and both resonable GPU ATI 5650 and good processor like i3 and 4gb RAM and 15.6 screen size.

I am sony vaio user and i feel the laptop was doing better and i love my laptop. With regards to the heat generation normal usage like browsing and movies you dont have much heat when you play some high end games which requires much gpu involved you get some heat, but it is fine.

-Raj

^^yeah the xps series always comes with some sort of aluminium finish and looks cool and even the expected pricing of the new xps series is much lower than the earlier xps/sxps series, so you can wait for a few days and get an xps15 :eek:hyeah:

RS4 said:
^^yeah the xps series always comes with some sort of aluminium finish and looks cool and even the expected pricing of the new xps series is much lower than the earlier xps/sxps series, so you can wait for a few days and get an xps15 :eek:hyeah:

Any expected date?

^^ Dont know about expected date for xps launch, may be some dell employee can give some info or call them and ask about it.

Back