Budget 41-50k Laptop for Autodesk Revit

Leshy

Disciple
Dec 1, 2008
chennai

n1r0

Adept
Oct 17, 2022
The 12th gen no doubt. You shouldn't be spending so much on a 9th gen now.

But 14" screen might be a bit too small, are you planning on using an external display?

Reactions: Leshy

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
Man, if your budget is 50k I would recommend one of these or a similar spec system from other brands. You get a 4G graphics card which is gonna sh*t on any integrated graphics no matter what. You can buy an extra 8G SODIMM for Inr 2000 and it would become a 16G system, (still less than 50k)

Remember you are getting a dedicated Graphics Processor which you can use for all kinds of things.

(recommended): My cousin is an architect and uses the same softwares you mentioned and I got her this.

If you are biased towards intel

Leshy

Disciple
Dec 1, 2008
chennai
Man, if your budget is 50k I would recommend one of these or a similar spec system from other brands. You get a 4G graphics card which is gonna sh*t on any integrated graphics no matter what. You can buy an extra 8G SODIMM for Inr 2000 and it would become a 16G system, (still less than 50k)

Remember you are getting a dedicated Graphics Processor which you can use for all kinds of things.

(recommended): My cousin is an architect and uses the same softwares you mentioned and I got her this.

If you are biased towards intel
thanks for the recommendations will consider the following.

how about this one

MSI Bravo 15 Gaming Laptop

Last edited:

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
The first one is better, and Idepad 3 does have expandable RAM, though you can check a youtube review to confirm.

dvader

Adept
Jan 2, 2023
I have an Ideapad 3 myself, not this exact model one with Ryzen 5800H and 3050 it's DDR4 but the build is almost the same. The one that I got for my cousin is i5 11th Gen and 1650. There are other laptops but I zeroed in on Lenovo due to their accidental warranty (I don't care but I know my cousin :D). Either way, I have serviced it myself; the back panel is easy to open, but the first time I had to be a bit careful not to break the plastic tabs (not that important though), If you are not OCD like me then it's a breeze to service it. You also get an extra M.2 slot and a way to add in a SATA HDD/SSD too but you can either add M.2 or SATA but not both together as the laptop doesn't close then.

Last edited: