Monitors Samsung odyssey g6 for competitive pc + ps5 ?

psybronik

Adept
Hi guys

I need some advice. I had a 1440p 144hz monitor b4 but im without a monitor for past 2 months.

I mainly upload gameplay on yt from my ps5 and play valorant for competitive on PC.

Is the Samsun odyssey g6 27 inch VA 240hz good for my requirement ? Mostly for valorant ill be sitting dead centre but for ps5 i might just lay back and chill while playing game which will put me a little off from the center.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Any recommendations for 2k 240hz will be good.
We have aw2723df here but its for 55k while Samsung one is 32k. Dell has 5 year warranty while Samsung has 3 years.

Any help is appreciated.

No, you need this monitor to win (100% win rate) in Valorant Official Valorant Gaming Monitor

jk, the samsung one looks good and they both have 1ms GTG and 240hz so both of them should be good for gaming.
paying 23k more for almost the same specs doesn't make sense

No, you need this monitor to win (100% win rate) in Valorant Official Valorant Gaming Monitor

jk, the samsung one looks good and they both have 1ms GTG and 240hz so both of them should be good for gaming.
paying 23k more for almost the same specs doesn't make sense
Funny thing is that i came down from the new AW 4k 240hz oled to this... I almost bought that but thn my wife knocked some sense into me. From that to aw2725df to now g6 .. the only worry with Samsung is their QC... And also since this is a curved va pannel and based in the rtings review if i deviate more than 30 deg from the center, the color will look washed out. And not to forget the Scanlines issue all Samsung monitor has ...hence i asked in the forum if anybody has any experience with g6.

Is this a china only monitor, cause the only results I could find ware in mandarin. The specs are perfect for the price tho.
Indeed... I checked on the sellers website its not listed there....checked the seller page and had a bunch of reviews where they scam with fake deliveries...idk whats the issue...but the monitor is exactly what i want...

I have noticed xtronicsapp listing Acer monitors way before their launch dates. Same happened with xv272u v3, later appario lists them. Therefore I mentioned that it might take weeks for Appario to list the monitor.
Since the manufacturing plant is located in China, it's listed there first.
Other brands like Gigabyte and MSI would later launch their own model if they haven't around this panel with a slight premium.

but the monitor is exactly what i want
The reason I thought you might be interested in this model

Last edited:
I have noticed xtronicsapp listing Acer monitors way before their launch dates. Same happened with xv272u v3, later appario lists them. Therefore I mentioned that it might take weeks for Appario to list the monitor.
Since the manufacturing plant is located in China, it's listed there first.
Othet brands like Gigabyte and MSI would later launch their own model if they haven't around this panel with a slight premium.

The reason I thought you might be interested in this model
I added this to my Cart n it seems its not deliverable in mumbai

They've listed it properly now, I'd wait for Appario still...
Still undeliverable to anywhere in mumbai i have 6 address saved on amazon, not deliverable anywhere... I remember one of the monitor they listed, acer xv272k 4k 165hz and apario never listed them till date...its been 3 months...

Screenshot_2024-05-19-18-40-24-528_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Showing deliverable in other sellers option (second listing) for Delhi

Isn't open box delivery a safe option?!
At least you can check the product beforehand and see if it turns on.
The risk if I had to point one is that if you find any defect like dead pixel, blb or flicker then Acer won't be of much help as this monitor is new. They'd provide refund only after pestering them for weeks. Flipkart will ofc wash off its hands.

As for the monitor, it has all the bases ticked with HDMI 2.1, full movement stand, and ofc 2k@300hz . Hope to see other brands bring in more competitors at this price range.

Last edited:
Back