Monitors LCD for ME !!!!

If you can buy E248WFP then get it. Both are TN so i would recommend E248WFP as it is bigger.

It is very good monitor. It will be useful for you for viewing HD movies.

Get it from dingemini312's GO. He is a very good dealer. Gives the things at very good prices. I got mine from him.

well, is your ocassional gaming consist of the VERY latest stuff like crysis/COD 4 etc ? then you might need to turn down the resolution a bit. not sure though. search. we've had these 22" vs 24 " battles before

Nope.. max res is 1680X1050.. Full HD is 1920X1080 or 1080p.

However a 1080p video downscales itself wen played in a 22incher hence pic quality is even better. :)

gannu said:
Nope.. max res is 1680X1050.. Full HD is 1920X1080 or 1080p.

However a 1080p video downscales itself wen played in a 22incher hence pic quality is even better. :)

so you mean that i can view Full HD on a 22incher without any loss in quality and detail ?????

yes there wont be loss in quality, but u can say there'll be sum wasted opportunity...
meaning, the video would have appeared almost the same on a 24in 1080p screen...that is, if the vid is truly of full hd quality

@jaspreet: get the 24 incher. my 8800gt can run Cod4, UT3, BioShock etc at over 50 fps at 1920x1200. Even Crysis and World-In-Conflict run just about smoothly at 25-30 fps at default high settings with no AA.

And for full HD movies (even if it comes later) dont make the mistake of getting a 22 and regretting it later :)

Only maybe the future games you might have to run at lower resolution but the E248WFP has 2 good modes, either "fill screen" or 1:1 meaning the game will either zoom to fill the screen or you can leave it at it's original reduced resoltuion with black spaces around it, if you so desire...

ps: dont listen to the people telling you to get 22, they are living in the dark ages, people like you and me are the wave of the future :p

greenhorn said:
The effective resolution will be as below
source resolution/Monitor size ->|22"|24"
720p|720|720
1080p|1050|1080

r u sure about that??imo,if the video is downscaled then the width would be downscaled ,not the height since the width is the limiting factor.

so downscaling to 1680 from 1920 would mean height of the video would be about 930(in 22") from 1080(in 24").thus the video here would be of height of about 930 pixels and not of 1050!!

vishalrao said:
ps: dont listen to the people telling you to get 22, they are living in the dark ages, people like you and me are the wave of the future :p

Tats more than enuf to start a flamewar!!!

U've bought a 24incher and u're happy with its performance so u can recommend it, but paying 6k more for 2inches of real estate more may not be worth it for someone..

U've a basic TN panel LCD so tat makes u live in a dark-age.. Lo'L.. :p

nfsfan said:
r u sure about that??imo,if the video is downscaled then the width would be downscaled ,not the height since the width is the limiting factor.

so downscaling to 1680 from 1920 would mean height of the video would be about 930(in 22") from 1080(in 24").thus the video here would be of height of about 930 pixels and not of 1050!!

yup you're right :ashamed:

I am ready to burn by the flames thrown at me if it saves a soul from missing out on some of that full HD goodness :eek:hyeah:

Back