LFS Nights!!!

For all those addicted to SIM racing, there is nothing that comes close to the physics engine of LFS. The GTR2, Evo, Race 07 etc are good, great graphics, fundoo cars, but there physics has still a lot to catch up. To top it all up, the online play in LFS is simply awesome, a simple collision doesnt end up with you flying off the course. It totally depends on the speed of impact. The pitstops are real, and the feel is as real as what you can get to the real thing. Once you get over the poor graphics and sound, you start enjoying racing to no ends.

Now the good part, LFS Demo is free and can be downloaded from:

Live for Speed - Online racing simulator

The best part, you can play online (locked cars and tracks) with so many players without even buying a license which starts at 12 pounds for S1 and 24 pounds for S2 (completely unlocked). I am yet to buy a license but have been playing online with many players using the LFS demo. No hamachee etc required. Simply free online play, it dont get better than this in a capatalist world :eek:hyeah:

In addition you can see your stats and save replays, here is a link of seeing the stats based on playername. To check Saumil (he introduced me to LFS) just type his username (saumilsingh) and you'd have his stats:

LFS Desktop

So here is the deal, those interested, download the patch, and we can play online. Time to beat, 1:34:430! We can all create our own server or join public servers. Just type in if you are interested!

I'm interested... just have to find time to run this thing which I think I should be able to do.. and I hope it works on Win7 RC :)

Another LFS addict :). And that too from simply being exposed to the demo content - that's how good it is.
Unfortunately nobody on TE gives LFS a chance because of the complete lack of any kind of driving aids.

As it has been said already, LFS is the benchmark as far as online multiplayer racing goes. We spend hours simply trying to get into the same game with GTR2 while in LFS that part takes 15 seconds max.
And the netcode is on an altogether different level. It's all so smooth and as Aseem said, minor collissions don't turn into space missions :p.

techcheat said:
Time to beat, 1:34:430!
Wow, that's fast :p!!

And Aseem, you should really consider getting an S2 license. Not only is the level of racing in licensed servers much better but also the turbo and GTR class cars are simply awesome.
Infact, LFS has the equivalent of every type of car from GTR2 and GTR Evo and then some. GT's, turbos, sports cars, Formula 1, Formula 3000, Formula Renault, Formula BMW, Karts, Caterhams, you name it.

vishalrao said:
I'm interested... just have to find time to run this thing which I think I should be able to do.. and I hope it works on Win7 RC :)
It works perfectly on Win7, CJ is running it on the same.

Back