Linksys AM300

does anyone own a linksys am300 modem? its a adsl2+ modem. well atleast thats what it says on the box.

my opinion is that its one buggy modem. try running a torrent client and modem hangs within 5mins even if there aren't to many connections.

bought it cos i thought linksys products were rock stable like the wrt54g.

this modem is internally switched and so i use the etherne to connect to my ps3 while i use the usb for my comp

guess i'll need to inform the linksys support team and "hopefully" they release either a firmware/driver fix for this

have you or anyone else tried any methods to manually increase the maximum no. of incoming conc. connections via usb??

wrt54g is actually a really old model which has been perfected over the yrs :)

What I feel may be the USB is not the best solution for you. Try out LAN and check it out.

You can connect ur PS3 on one of the modem ports.
If you LAN port is already being used or you want some networking solutions let us knw what you wana do.

siddharth_menon said:
wrt54g is actually a really old model which has been perfected over the yrs :)

evolution at its best:eek:hyeah:

siddharth_menon said:
What I feel may be the USB is not the best solution for you. Try out LAN and check it out.

You can connect ur PS3 on one of the modem ports.
If you LAN port is already being used or you want some networking solutions let us knw what you wana do.

KingKrool said:
Why don't you at least try it on the LAN for a couple of days? Your PS3 can stay offline for two days...

sidd, i'm using the ethernet port for the ps3

kingkrool, i'll give it a shot

hmmm....how abt i use a 2port ethernet switch??

Oh .. sorry I though you have more than 1 LAN port on ur modem.

K yup if you wana use both together then get a 4-8port switch. Its not expsive but better to get more ports so that 2morrow u can create small network if you want to. As of now you need mim 3 ports to inter-connect Modem,PC,PS3.

Sorry for barging in like this..

But just need to have some clarifications...

How good is this as an ADSL modem?

Neotech Computers has its price as Rs.1,500/-

But it was not avble anywhere in Chennai.. :S

Anyone know if it is avble anywhere else (Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyd) ?

How good is this compared to a Netgear DM111P ADSL2+ Modem -> which retails for 1.4k?

Back