Long break Low budget upgrade 27k

ocizer

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
27K can go around +/- 2-3K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core2Duo e4400
Motherboard - some intel board
GPU - Some 512mb Shader model 3.0
RAM - 1gb
Monitor - 17 inch crt

I stopped Using this from quite a long time after i got my lappy DELL STUDIO 1555 Mike Ming Artistic edition :cool2:
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Keyboard
mouse
HDD (will get a new one after prices go down)
LG DVD writer

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Processor--------- Intel PDC G620
Motherboard------ Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
RAM-------------- any 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz
GPU-------------- Sapphire ATI Raedon HD6770
Monitor----------- Benq g2420
PSU-------------- Corsair CX430 v2

i really liked that 24"incher so added it

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, no upgrades for 1yr or so
except for the hdd

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Nah

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Programming java eclipse , Android
Download rig

Mostly for Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Nothing much unless their service S***s

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
all the new titles

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080 or 720p
Desktop - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
ya may be in future

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Cpu-Intel i3 2100-6.2k

Mobo-Intel DH67BL B3-5.5k

Ram-corsair xms3 2x2gb 1600mhz-1.6k or Gskill ripjaws x 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.7k

psu-Seasonic s12ii 430w-2.6k or Corsair cx430 v2-2.2k

Gpu-sapphire/msi hd6770-6.5k,Sapphire hd6850-9.5k[if you can stretch your budget a bit]

Monitor-Benq g2420-11k or Dell S2409W-12.5k/Dell ST2410-12.3k

@gatekeeper

dude thanks for your advice but uve suggested for 33k i can increase my budget only till 30k that too is ragged edge for me

also i may overclock in future coming to the intel boards i think they are a bit overpriced IMO for my budget how about something in gigabyte or something cheaper

i only need a cpu till it doesnt bottleneck the gpu if that matters

^^ You can't have an overclocking RIG if you want to go the Intel builds as most of their budget processors come with locked multiplier and meddling with the other clocks causes instability, for your purpose thegatekeeper's RIG is a minimum if you want to play current and upcoming AAA titles on decent settings [@1080p + medium candy],

If you want to skimp, go for a Gigabyte OR ASUS H61 based motherboard, but be wary you cannot overclock Intel CPU's until they are earmarked k versions, like the Core i5 2500k and couple this with a P67 OR Z68 based motherboard. Also go for a HD 6770 minimum, but do not expect it to run all upcoming titles @full HD without stutter, the minimum card you should get is the HD 6870 OR nVidia GTX 560 [non Ti] ~ 11900/- but your budget is severely constrained as well as the SMPS needs to be beefier to run those respective cards.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

^^ Thanks dude anyway keeping my budget in mind ive dropped the thought of overclocking and also playing at full HD :( btw i think hd 6770 will be sufficient for atleast some of the titles out there at 1080p :)
one more thing is would corsair cx 430 will be enough for hd 6850 as mentioned in the second post :S
any other builds in AMD would be appreciated thanks again

^^ AMD currently is strictly not value for money, so better stick with the Intel Core i3 solution.

For the HD 6850 the Corsair CX V2 430W will suffice but I will recommend you get the FSP Saga II 500W ~ 2600/-.

Sorry guys ,cannot afford an i3 i'm really stuck with my budget i need a cheaper processor which doesnt bottleneck hd 6770 as i mentioned

If possible, skimp on the monitor for now and add one later when you have the cash. or the GPU.

Else get a 955. Its not bad, but not really VFM from upgrade perspective as compared to Intel. But then you need to do the best you can in your budget.

^^ Core i3 + H61 [from ASUS / Gigabyte] motherboard will be better deal than an EoL set-up of AM3 processor + 880G board.

Hope this helps.

Back