Video Looking For a Full HD TV

vb86

Adept
Ill be purchasing a TV for myself within a month. Hence, ive decided to start the research work now.

Ill be using the following devices-
DTH
DVD player with HDMI (doesnt upscale though)
WD HD TV for full hd mkvs (looking for a source in the US to purchase)

I download only 720p mkv movies as of now because my laptop doesnt support full hd. However once i get a full hd tv, ill download the 1080p ones. I havent ruled out the option of buying a PS3 sometime in the future. Therefore im quite sure that full hd is the way to go for me.

Given the size of the room, 37" is the minimum i want to go for. I dont want to spend too much and might buy one from the grey market. What do you people recommend for a good quality hd movie experience. Im gonna be hooking up a good 5.1 home theatre to it.

Checkout the Sharp Aquos LC37D64U or Sony KDL-37XBR6 or Philips 37PFL5603D . These are the best 37 inchers you'll find

the philips costs ~ 52k , no idea about the others

Buy any Samsung Series 6 Series . (Red Looks)

I would suggest 42 650A not 610.

Best LCDs. I got myself 52. And go for official no grey, you wont save much.

Hi

do not go for 37" full HD. Full HD is beneficial only for 50" and above.
there is no point spending on a Full HD 37". btw, what is the size of the room?

nitingoyal said:
Hi

do not go for 37" full HD. Full HD is beneficial only for 50" and above.
there is no point spending on a Full HD 37". btw, what is the size of the room?

well FHD in a 37inch will be easier on eyes if u sit too close around 3 to 4 feet and provided u see a HD conent,but it will look bad if u see a SD content,but since he is going to use his laptop and going to watch HD vidoes a FHD tv is higly recommended,since i have used a 32inch 720p lcd as a monitor ,i can tell i wish i had 1080p 32inch lcd.

the viewing distance is roughly 14 feet. budget would be around 50k. i thought that the grey market prices were much lesser when it comes to lcds. im not gonna connect my laptop to it. im gonna use the wd player to watch the mkvs.

HD sources are future... so FHD is a must......... i got samsung series 5 32" FHD bcoz it was well with in budget, has good looks\built , has better feature for the price and it is from samsung ,

my viewing distance is 8-14 feet , PQ is very good if source is good, tatasky rocks in it!! so i would advice LA32A550 ,

*650 would also be a nice option but i think it is not worth it!!

32*550 -40k

32*650 ~53k

vb86 said:
the viewing distance is roughly 14 feet. budget would be around 50k. i thought that the grey market prices were much lesser when it comes to lcds. im not gonna connect my laptop to it. im gonna use the wd player to watch the mkvs.
For 50k , see if you can squeeze in the Sharp Aquos , its clarity is mind blowing

thanks. everyone, will keep you guys updated. ive read that 1080p does matter article before. i had earlier thought of the 5 series 37" samsung lcd because its full hd, fits my budget and isnt too small. given the large viewing distance, 37" is the minimum im considering.

vb86 said:
is it full hd? whats the diff between the 2? what aboout pricing?

Its not full HD, its a plasma panel and the difference between them is the number of inputs. 42PV80 is 50k and PV8 is 45k. Easily the best TV in that price range unless you wish to use it as a computer monitor.

Chaos said:
Another classic case of Panasonic PV8/PV80 being the most suitable :p.

to be fair, he said FullHD :p

I'd say 40 A550 which is abt 66K or LG 42 Scarlet which is approximately in the same range. Scarlet's got better specs on paper

^^ yes but i wont be mentally satisfied with a 720p. lol. i found out that i might be able to get some big discounts with LG. Any specific models that i should look at? Frankly, ive never been an LG/Samsung person, but after reading abt the SLCD corporation a few years back, i opened up to samsung. If you people think that LG also has a good performance, i can go for that too since the discount might be huge.

had a look at 3 full hd lgs online as follows:

42LG60FR MRP 78000 (scarlet)

42LG80FR MRP 83000 (jazz)

42LG70YR MRP 150000 lol

being realistic, the 3rd option is out of the question.

between the scarlet and jazz, the scarlet has 3 hdmi ports wheras the jazz compromises on one hdmi for a usb which i dont need. on the upside, the jazz has 10w+10w+30w sound with retractable speakers whereas the scarlet has 10w+10w. then again, i have a jamo home theater system.

assuming that the discount will brinb them down to my budget, are they worth looking at?

regarding the 3rd option, i have a few questions. even though its not in my budget, i noticed a few things which im curioues about. how much difference will that 100hz panel with 2.7ms response time (in cinema mode) make? in normal mode, its 4ms like the other 2. apart from that, it has 3hdmi+1usb which doesnt matter to me? so does that panel with lower response time justify that price tag?

Back