Car & Bike looking for the cheapest car there is!!!

chang143u

Disciple
getting hyundai accent gvs for just under a lakh...

looking for the cheapest car there is in the market,am on a shoe string budget...:eek:hyeah:
below 1lakh,the lesser the better!!:D

most probably a petrol coz it'd be cheaper n i don't drive much.
looking forward to cars like esteem,zen,alto n so on...
so plz suggest a car wid decent mileage,ac is a must n low maintenance cost.

n how old a car shud i look forward to...probably more than 5 at least i think,wid the budget i have!!!

share your views plz...

A zen or alto in a decent enough condition i.e. doesn't have any hidden expenses in the next few months would be very hard to find.

A maruti 800 would be easily available.

Given ur shoestring budget, an M800 (used) wud be the best bet. Low maintenance, low cost of spares, plus you can get a car with relatively less mileage (i.e total kms run).

an old car will usually have maintenance issues so you cant avoid that. unless you pick up a conti or padmini for 40k and spend a lac restoring it. as the others said it looks like 800 is your best bet.

you could pick up a palio too easily for under a lac but it is a high maintenance vehicle :p

heard that u can get esteem for around that price don't know about the condition...since it's a discontinued model spares can be a trouble,but not sure...

A decent condition Esteem can be had for around 1lakh.

I bought one last May for 1.45L.

Spares are no problem and won't be for at least a couple of years considering this car was on the road for the last 20 years !

rajshah said:
A decent condition Esteem can be had for around 1lakh.
I bought one last May for 1.45L.
Spares are no problem and won't be for at least a couple of years considering this car was on the road for the last 20 years !

so what's its efficiency??
n howz the car?performance n everything?!!!

Also looking at the cheapest car ,do look at the fuel options like daily running average that you expect.
If you are going to put on miles behind buying petrol guzzler may just prove expensive than the initial investment.

demonic said:
so what's its efficiency??
n howz the car?performance n everything?!!!

Fuel efficiency- ~14kmpl City / ~12kmpl city with Ac / ~16kmpl highway.
It's an Esteem yaar ! Maybe you can't compare it to the current gen high end cars, but still does give very very good performance. Engine holds good for 10-12 years easy !

getting an accent within my budget,will go take a look at the car now,don't know the condition or anything...

btw how is accent for a car??

share ur views plz!!

Accent is a good car but i strongly feel it might be messed up sumwer. Accents' don go that cheap i suppose. Make sure its an accident free vehicle. Also take a good mechanic u can trust to check the car.

RadioHeAd said:
Accent is a good car but i strongly feel it might be messed up sumwer. Accents' don go that cheap i suppose. Make sure its an accident free vehicle. Also take a good mechanic u can trust to check the car.

sure thing man!!!
just checked out the car,everything working fine n smoothly,just a few scratches here n there met wid a li'l accident,but nothing too major...
the car seems well maintained...
btw way it's accent gvs from 2001...
but will surely get it checked before going ahead wid the purchase

hey guys gonna go get the accent checked by a mechanic today n maybe finalize the deal if everything is right...

so if anyone's got any views then plz share!!!

You will ultimately have to consider the mechanic's advice and not ours. He can probably tell you how much of a bother it will be, to maintain the car and keep it running smoothly.

thetoxicmind said:
You will ultimately have to consider the mechanic's advice and not ours. He can probably tell you how much of a bother it will be, to maintain the car and keep it running smoothly.

okay thanx..

n guys the mechanic told the car was alright,everything was fine...so will go ahead wid it i guess in a week or so,until n unless i get some other better option.

You should get a fiat palio 1.2 maybe 2003 model, 50k kms for under 100k. These cars are rock solid and will probably continue work like new for a fair # of years. Check one out. If you stay in a metro servicing when and if you need it shouldn't be too tough.

Palios for some reason have no resale value so you get good pieces for little money. Not to dissuade you but I would look at an accent for under 1 lakh very suspiciously. Accents don't go for so little. Heck not even santros go for under 1 lakh.

i sold my 2002 santro for 65k. find like 2004 clean in 90-100k , and make sure its not driven by a wild guy like me :d

net said:
i sold my 2002 santro for 65k. find like 2004 clean in 90-100k , and make sure its not driven by a wild guy like me :d
that's really something hard to find actually...u selling ur car so cheap,i know there was something fishy...lol :D

Back