Laptops Low Budget Laptop Help Needed

shoaib629

Recruit
:huh:I want to buy a low budget laptop and need some help regarding it.:huh:

My budget is 25-28K.
I need at least 2GB RAM. HDD of 160-250 will do, the more the better.
Graphics quality and Display size is not an issue. 14 inch will work for me.
Processor is an issue though, Better performance Pentium core 2 duo is a must.
Battery life shud b good, I expect 6 cell battery.
I dont require the other extra features such as the fingerprint sensor, etc.
Dont need OS too.

:SNo preference of any brand as this is my first laptop. Still Dell :) has the best reviews, and in low budget Acer :( has much choice although the reviews werent that great, that's wat i found through my research.

Open to all suggestions. Really appreciate it guys. Thanks. :)

Go for the MSI CR400X.
There is a review of it in the "Reviews & Previews" section by Sunny27.

Only if you cannot find this laptop in your city should you consider the Acer Aspire 4736z(14 inch screen) and Acer Aspire 5738z(15.6 inch WLED screen).
Among the two Acer laptops, I suggest you buy the 5738z as it has fabulous battery life and bigger screen. Even though its screen is bigger than the 4736z, it gives more battery backup than it.

Review: Techtree.com India > Reviews > Mobile Computing > Notebooks > Acer Aspire 5738: Desktop Replacement Notebook

User Review: NEW ACER 5738 notebook - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

get the msi cr400x --- better than acer anyday--and u get 2 years of warranty and the battery life is better than acer's and the build quality is better than acer's.

If you are on a tight budget check the Samsung R517, Dual core, 2GB, 250GB, 15.6" display at 24 K (including VAT) is a steal. The build quality is a bit plasticky though.

Lenovo G450 (29492KQ)

Intel® Pentium® Processor, T4200, 2.0GHz /800MHz / 1MB L2 Cache, 2 GB, 250GB, DVD RW, Intel X4500, broadcom bg , BT, Camera, 5-in-1
Card reader, 6 cell, One Key Rescue System, 14.0, WXGA LED Backlit Display, GL40, Free-DOS, Glossy Finish - 28.5k

i went to the msi service center --its digilink or something the same guys who service msi and gigabyte boards and they got the ram fitted and all in under 5 minutes.they were polite too---not something i saw when i went to asus's service center.msi service center people told me they would have the parts replaced in under 2 days if something goes wrong.

i am currently preparing a laptop buying guide for all those who have a maximum of 35k to spend on a laptop---done loads of research and the onky brands with a core 2 duo 6xxxx and higher are msi and hcl.

the fujitsu and tohsiba mentioned here come with dual core cpus t4200/4300

Guys, since there doesn't seem to be much choice :( in my budget range, I have decided to increase it upto 30K.:)
With the same specs, can anything better fit in?

Although I seem to be closing in on Acer 4736, can anyone please suggest some Compaq and HCL options in 30K.

Thanks again. Really appreciate it.

I find the below configuration as the best VFM laptop @ 30k exactly.(MRP is 30k and so you can get it for ~29k which makes it a really good buy)

Lenovo G550 - 295894Q

Price:Rs.30,000.00

Model details

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T6600 ( 2.20GHz 800MHz 2MB )

PC DOS 2000 License

15.6 " WXGA LED Backlight TFT 1366x768

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500

don't opt for compaq or hcl----hcl has the distinction of providing the worst after sales service --- compaq laptops are equally dreadful

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice, everyone of you.

I purchased the Lenovo G550 2958g6q

Intel C2D 2.2 Ghz

3GB RAM

320 GB HDD

15" Display

DOS OS

It cost me Rs. 32400 with VAT from a dealer in Vashi.

Just hoping now the after sales service of Lenovo is good.

Thanks again.

^^ What's the point of the post when you have already purchased? You should have asked this before the purchase.
However, Lenovo service is good.

Back