Media player for my HDTV.

Guys,

Finally...Time has come to buy a media player for my set up.

Currently i have -

1. Samsung 51"E550 Plasma

2. Onkyo 3300 HTiB

Need to buy a Media player to watch 1080's via my HDD.

Please suggest. Provide me with links.

Thanks in advance.

Budget - 5K, will stretch if the product is REALLY worth the moolah !

Consider Western Digital
Media Players Overview

This is the best among "affordable" media players for the following reasons:-
1] Extremely Stable (never crashes; smooth playback - without any lag/stutter/freeze - checked it even with 24GB mkv file!)
2] Regular "firmware" updates (very easy to perform)
3] Online support & forum is exhaustive

I am using the WDTV Live Hub (built in 1TB) for the past 18 months & it's outstanding. At times I also connect 2 other external drives (500GB - seagate & 1TB WD My Passport) - with all this the boot up time is 6-8 minutes.

You can resume playback of any number of movies from any of the drives - even if the system is switched off.

Lastly, you can connect this to your Onkyo & have a great theater experience

Enjoy
Terry

I am using Firefox 13.0.1 and if I click cancel on that box the quick reply text box does not load by default. I have to click +Reply to Thread to reply.
View attachment 12869
The popup dialog message says
A username and password are being requested by http://www.raid101.com. The site says: "Xen_directory"
Confirmed on IE9 and Chrome. I get the message box in IE9 but in chrome nothing pops up.
Fixed. The user was hotlinking an image from said site.

Using a Himedia 900B since past two weeks. Very happy with it. Cost 10k (on ebay after 10% coupon). Consider other brand products (Measy X5, eGreat RS6, etc) based on same Realtek 1186DD chipset. This is currently the best option if playing back 3D ISOs is important for you. If not, there are lots of other / cheaper options.

Back