Micromax launches their first ICS 4 tablet

Tenida

Adept
Here comes the cheapest Android ICS 4 tablet in Indian market. Its called Micromax Fun Book (oem Ployer Momo9)

Official website- Micromax Funbook | Micromax Tablet |Android 4.0 Tablet|Android Tablet India, Best Android Tablet in India

Online store- http://ncarry.nimbuz...romax/tabletpc/

Micromax today took off the veil from its first entrant into the tablet segment with the Funbook. The diminutive 7″ tablet comes with mid range specifications for a price which makes tablets accessible to people on a budget. Before you dismiss the tablet as a low end affair for those looking for a budget offering , you will be surprised to know that Micromax has made immense efforts on content partnerships to make the tablet a worthwhile option for everyone from students to those looking for entertainment , media on the go.

lsYAS.jpg

The tablet comes with a 7″ capacitive touch screen panel and is available in two colors ie Black and Silver. The screen was sufficiently responsive but looked a bit washed out up front.

84VUl.jpg

Viewing angles as expected are pretty bad. You can’t really expect to watch a movie with someone else keeping in mind that the screen is already on the smaller side and is further hampered by the poor viewing angles.

9B7R3.jpg

Micromax claims that the Funbook is probably the thinnest and lightest tablet available in India at the moment. I’m not sure that it competes in thickness but it sure is light and comes in at under 350 grams.

fgsz0.jpg

Three hard buttons can be found on the right hand side of the tablet to be used as the menu , home and back key. The buttons give reassuring feedback on being pressed but we feel that Micromax could have gone for capacitive buttons here.

qz7UG.jpg

Further on the right hand side you can spot all the ports provided on the tablet. One of our biggest complaints with the tablet has got to be that it uses a mini USB plug. Yes , you got that right. Not a full size USB nor a micro USB but a mini USB port which almost nothing else in the market uses ! You’ll have to carry a separate cable for this tablet while travelling.

bCNO4.jpg

On the far right you can spot a standard headphone jack. Right next to it is the micro SD card slot. Following it is the HDMI slot , reset button , mini USB slot which can be used with an adapter for use as a USB OTG device. The power socket is at the leftmost corner.

S14UL.jpg

The Micromax Funbook is might just be one of the best low cost devices to hit the market and we were suitably impressed by it during our hands on. This is no iPad killer but then its not meant to be one. At a breakthrough price of Rs. 6,490 bundled with a data card , nothing else can compete on price. Thanks to the impressive content partnerships that Micromax has secured , this could be a clean sweep victory for them in the mass market tablet segment. We’ll have more for you in the full review soon !

Source

Review Veedee and Fun Book is exactly same tablet.Only difference is there brand.

Here some info about the Allwinner A10 Chip that comes with Micromax Fun Book
happy19.gif

Guys, this tablet is a winner. Here's why:

1. The tablet has been reviewed by many Indian sites already as it has been sold by VeDee an all for some time now and it's simply great, screen is good responsive and all

2. The Alwinner A10 CPU is actually a WINNER, it can play 1080p videos(YES!) and the Mali 400 GPU can power all games and the 800x480 resolution only makes it easier

3. 6.5k price tag, need I say anything?

4. Bundled Data Card(can be used via mUSB to USB)

5. ICS Pre-installed

It's a pure winner.

the mUSB part sucks...they should have atleast provided a micro USB

but other than that i think it must be perfect

^^ AFAIK yes

and they have a mUSB to USB adapted easily available. iBerry AUXUS includes it in their package, you can buy it for real cheap. No complaints there really.

Does the screen look washed out? The Only problem with these low cost tablets is the screen. Everything else is perfect. Can anyone let me know, how the screen looks, does the colors looked washed out?

http://youtu.be/4TX91P3fvOc

Does the screen look washed out? The Only problem with these low cost tablets is the screen. Everything else is perfect. Can anyone let me know, how the screen looks, does the colors looked washed out?

At 6.5K only what do you expect !!!

Dude it just launched in India, no body has used till yet. Just check the video for screen quality, imo screen is pretty good for the price.

I received a call from Ncarry.They are dispatching it today.I ordered a black one.Data card is not included with the box.You will receive a voucher for data card.The CC guy is not sure whether we have to pay for activating DATA Card.Will try to post a review once I receive the Tablet.Its for my Baby daughter.Not sure whether she allows me to test it
sign42.gif

any one knows whether GPS can be used with this Tablet???If any links will be wellcome.

any one knows whether GPS can be used with this Tablet???If any links will be wellcome.

The tablet doesnt come with inbuilt gps, but I think you should be able to use a gps module over blutooth/usb.

Can it play 720p movies through card?
AllWinner is a monster when it comes to playing movies, it can play 1080p movies without a hitch. I played fullhd movies which are shared over wifi lan and I was able to play them. playing them over usb/card is very much possible.

I tried connecting my WD Passport USB 3.0 to this tablet but It was unable to power up the hdd. though guys at veedee forum claim that WB passport works.

Another problem is that when you connect the tablet to TV using hdmi, it wont play the movies in full resolution but, only at 800x400 resolution though the gpu is capable. I think its a problem with hdmi driver rather than the hardware itself.

I played lot of 3d games on this tablet and it works like a charm.

The only problem with it is that after you upgrade it to ICS the wifi module somehow crashes very often. but after few days it gets stabilized.

[sub][sub]i have just called one of the mumbai distibutor and he confirmed that it will be available by next week and the price wil be 7 -8 k....... so the best option is to get it from ncarry..[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]now few questions[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]1) does it have a stock ICS or it is modified by micromax

2) will we see any custom ROM from XDA or any other party

3) does it have Android Market/Google Play

4) can we make call with it

5) will we see anymore products like this from other companies[/sub][/sub]

one more query, can we use ay GSM SIM with the DATA Card. and how much we have to pay for that datacard, i it bundled with accessory

I guess its the same as the VeeDee D10, so there is no GPS on that device...

Btw, pricing is great, I just hope they have enough stocks...so confirm availability before paying...

Also, screen on the D10 was good, not as good as an iPad (duh) but not bad at all..

So does it support USB-OTG (with an adapter of course) ?

the tab comes with the USB OTG cable, so dont worry
<

congrats Amartya87, expecting a detail review once it reaches you. Does this have Android Market support?

Will give detailed review once I get the tab. I think it will have android market or google play in it.

Btw. just got a call from ncarry guys, they are saying it will take about 3-4 days to ship to Kolkata.

Lot's of nice, cheap tablet options finally coming out. But which one can be the 'blade' of tablets i wonder? And talking about the blade, since we mentioned screen quality here, even though the blade was dirt cheap, it's screen is much better than many much higher priced phones. So I hope we get a similar tab...

Back