Micromax X500

Hey all,

I need to know how is this Micromax X500. It boasts of a 2.8" touchscreen with a 5MP autofocus camera with led flash. It is selling for around 5700 at univercell.in
Can any one give me some reviews or user feedback.

(I am also thinking of the Micromax Q3, any inputs on this will also help)

Thanks

On paper-this phone has great specs coupled with a low price. But when purchasing a phone- specs alone are not enough- better to stick with well known brands- all these Micromax, Spice, et. al do not have the longevity reliability and useability so desirable in a mobile phone.

Micormax at least proven good battery-life as they said. About quality analysis at least requires 2-3 yrs for any product after introducing in market. Every mobile handset reviewed by GSMarena not GUARANTEED for quality.

Not with me but with many of my friends they are not at all happy with trusted brands. One of my friend who bought SE K750i along with me, replaced it with SE G500 & he said it's quality is cheaper than any China Made Phone.

My bro has Nokia since last 4 yrs, he himself don't know how many times it dropped but no problem at all... thus I suggest Nokia to my cousin & he bough it & just within a month he need to replaced so many parts that finally in 3 month he sold off it & buy Samsung.

So ..... go with any mobile but don't always rely on Net Review (as now days many times it's PAID & BIASED), search within your friends, groups, trusted & old mobile dealer or service center in your area.

Reviews on site are sometimes great help in buying phones, but as far as new phones are concerned, it is really difficult to know how will they perform in future as not much is known about the phones.

I am myself looking for Dual SIM phones and have found that BIG battery is really necessary as Dual SIM phones consume very high battery, secondly big mp camera with flash means a lot of battery discharge and on both these parameters this phone is a big NO as the battery is very very low.

I would suggest you to buy something from :

1. LG GX200 - But it is not available in every store (don't know why - may be it is still in the testing condition).

2. Intex 6611 - Very good battery life.

3. Fly B430 - Good battery life.

Or any other phone with atleast 1500 mAh battery life.

LG GX200 is now at Univercell for Rs3800/-. You can buy online. Excellent battery life. I charge once in 7 days after decent usage.

Back