CPU/Mobo Mobo exchange from Rashi

Guys my mobo p5n32 e-sli has gone bad (ram slots not working ) so i returned it to the rashi ( A big story -Rashi returned twice saying its working perfectly :mad: )

Now thay are offering me P5Q-E as a replacement ..Now my Qns is..Is this good deal n is this mobo is the correct replacement for my P5N32 E SLI :S

If not which one i have to get..considering the present prices ?

Plz help me out guys

techfreak said:
Guys my mobo p5n32 e-sli has gone bad (ram slots not working ) so i returned it to the rashi ( A big story -Rashi returned twice saying its working perfectly :mad: )

Now thay are offering me P5Q-E as a replacement ..Now my Qns is..Is this good deal n is this mobo is the correct replacement for my P5N32 E SLI :S

Plz help me out guys

If i were u , i would be lucky enuf to consider im getting a replacement , ensure its *new* and take it.....unless you want to run around more , more emailing , more escalations , more phone calls and ultimately keeping on getting kaput boards ........ max to max tell them u want a credit note instead of the P5Q-E.......

well the biggest difference between them is that the p5n32-e sli has nforce680i chipset while the p5q-e has intel p45 chipset which is better for overclocking then the nforce one.

other than that,..the p5q-e has crossfire x support while the p5n32-e sli has sli support obviously. this could be a negative point for you considering you have a geforce card.

another major advantage of the p5n32e-sli is that it comes with a add-on supreme fx sound card while the p5q-e had on board 7.1 audio which is decent enough.

the p5q-e has maximum ddr2 support of 1200MHz while the p5n32-e sli has max ddr2 support for 800 Mhz

these are the few points i could point out. now depending upon your preferences,..i guess you could decide which board is better for you.

vrd said:
well the biggest difference between them is that the p5n32-e sli has nforce680i chipset while the p5q-e has intel p45 chipset which is better for overclocking then the nforce one.

P45 better for OC than 680i ? :no: i dont think so, i think 680i much better for the SAME CPU.

techfreak said:

Plz help me out guys

My goodness. :O

If Rashi's offered you a P5Q-E, grab it with both hands. Its a good board with a recent chipset.

TheTechShopGuy said:
[quote name='vrd']well the biggest difference between them is that the p5n32-e sli has nforce680i chipset while the p5q-e has intel p45 chipset which is better for overclocking then the nforce one.

P45 better for OC than 680i ? :no: i dont think so, i think 680i much better for the SAME CPU.

Nop p45 chipsets are better than nvidia 680 one's in Oc'ing terms .

but guys here are the things running in my mind:

1.p5n32e sli has 3 pci express slots of which 2 are 16 lane each and one is 8 lane if i am not wrong but this mobo has 2 pci express slots where 16 lanes are shared (correct if i am wrong here).So 8x each

2. Considering i got 8600gt which is nvidia card ! do the performance decreases ? :S

3.sound of the p5n32 e sli is superior than the new mobo :(

4.And apart from the latest chipset (p45)..680i OC's better :no:

Now i called up rashi ! good to hear from them is that they even considered my credit note and the lady over there responded gr8ly and told me she will quote me tommorow and the P5Q-E is the new boxed piece

fingers crossed here :hap2:

rapt0r said:
Nop p45 chipsets are better than nvidia 680 one's in Oc'ing terms .

For 65nm Core 2 Duo's and Core 2 Quads? I think not. When the 680i SLI chipset hit the market (Nov-Dec 2006) it was hailed as the best OC chipset for the Core 2 Duo.

Also the P45 are not really OC chipsets, enthusiast chipset was the X48.

Remember, the 680i (older revs) will not support the 45nm CPU's :)

[quote name='TheTechShopGuy']For 65nm Core 2 Duo's and Core 2 Quads? I think not. When the 680i SLI chipset hit the market (Nov-Dec 2006) it was hailed as the best OC chipset for the Core 2 Duo.

Any views, our hardcore techie members?? (read Roboghost, gannu, shripad, and apologies to the others but you know who you are :D )

Dude in 2006. 680i might be best but look around on net now, p45's are doing all big fsb records on air. I did read that p45 are not good at overclocking quad's though.

TheTechShopGuy said:

that was the general opinion when p45 was first launched.
but after few bios updates,p45 boards have definitely improved overclocking performance. p35 was a great mainstream chipset and p45 is even better after the bios updates.

@ op: I faced through the same situation when my asus a8n sli died around 6 months ago. Since it was some chip that was malfunctioning and they are not able to repair they said they'll replace with for m2n32 sli which valued (according to them for 6k). They also said they will give only the board and a month warranty which was left on a8n sli. It was not bad considering the fact it was just a month away from warranty being expired. I asked if I could add some money to get an intel board and the 3 year warranty on a new product. I managed to get the board my way (sorta- I wanted p5q-e but ended with p5q deluxe) with a brand new board and a renewed warranty. Be sure to be absolutely as precise as possible. Make sure that if you add money alongwith the credit- you do get a brand new board with the standard warranty of that product.

Take the P45 no you will not have any loss in performance using an 8600GT. Don;t worry if you feel you will lose the potential of SLI as you will have X-Fire on your side. And by the looks the future is RED.

So go ahead check some reviews out if you don;t believe me. + The P45 will support 45nm quads unlike the 680i which don't....

Back