CPU/Mobo motherboard/ram problem WEIRD

_pappu_

Skilled
hey,

i have a e2140 on a biostar tp35d2a-7

now this is the issue::
i had 1gb ddr2-800mhz transcend ram and now i got another stick(same ake,speed)
both sticks work fine individually, both together in dual channel mode pass memtest (for more than an hour) (this mobo has memtest built into the bios)

but the problem is that when i use both sticks together, i cant get into vista 32bit sp1. vista sticks before the moving bar waala loading screen but passes the boot and starts reading off the hard drive
with any 1 of the sticks, i can use windows just fine(as i am doing right now)

any ideas?? or should i try a clean install :(

_pappu_ said:
hey,

i have a e2140 on a biostar tp35d2a-7

now this is the issue::
i had 1gb ddr2-800mhz transcend ram and now i got another stick(same ake,speed)
both sticks work fine individually, both together in dual channel mode pass memtest (for more than an hour) (this mobo has memtest built into the bios)

but the problem is that when i use both sticks together, i cant get into vista 32bit sp1. vista sticks before the moving bar waala loading screen but passes the boot and starts reading off the hard drive
with any 1 of the sticks, i can use windows just fine(as i am doing right now)

any ideas?? or should i try a clean install :(

Are you running the system at stock ? if no then request you to come back to default and all running at stock and check the same......
even after running all at stock if the SAME thing happens , request you to drop the mem from 800mhz to 667mhz precisely and check booting.......

do post back abt the results of the above mentioned test steps :) ..........

^^works at stock at 400mhz (yeah thats right)

doesnt work at 667mhz

but the thing is that at fast timings and low latencies(super tight btw) i did 3 loops of memtest so the problem is not the ram

GAMER MAMA aake dekhle

Back