CPU/Mobo Motherboard with DDR 2 Support for Socket 478 CPU?

i have a 3.0 HT Prescott socket 478 processor with 1 mb L2 cache and an 800 mhz FSB. in layman talk it is not the pinless type but the cpu with pins.

i run it on an asus p4p800x mother board and wish to upgrade to something else(only mo bo) that provides me with:

1. PCI Express slot

2. Decent onboard gfx card tu run vista aero via DVI

3. DDR2 ram capabilty

according to my knowledge, there is no socket 478 mo bo that supports ddr2 and pci e.. please enlighten me if u have any knowledge about that plz..

okay.. i dont think u would get a mobo with that configs. Atleast i dont know of any..

I would suggest you this rather..

go for a

e2140 intel (LGA775) - around 2.5k

Palit N73 mobo -- around 2.6k

And you can get additional 2gb of 667mhz RAM for around 1.8k

So with an expenditure of 7k . you will get a much better pc than finding a mobo with 478 socket and DDR 2 support.

my budget is not big enough to accommodate all this..

but surely there has to be a reason why these things dont come with a socket 478 mobo..

can someone explain why?

andrew327 said:
Who says u don't get a 478 skt mobo with ddr2 support & pcie.........
Damn man i really like VIA when it comes to mixing up different technology into one product coz they are the one building which other think is not possible..................

BIOSTAR

u Can buy one here
BIOSTAR P4M900 VIA Chipset Socket 478 DDR2 667MHz mATX P4M900-M4 Motherboard Retail at ZipZoomfly

rather then spending 2k on that board is you now spend 7k you will be much more future safe. If in future you would want to change your CPU, you would have to buy new board also because you dont get core 2 duo/dual cores on 478 sockets. So at that time you will loose on this 2k rupees, so my suggestion go for the configs i told you..

Dude the guy has already said that buying everything new is outta his budget, and he can sell his old RAM and Mobo and get some cash and later when he wants to upgrade to c2d or something he can still use the RAM & pcie GFX from this upgrade.........

ANDREW thanx for this link.

is this motherboard available in india?

cos this is an american link and the other biostar link doesnt have the motherboard shown on the american website..

Why don't u guys make a go for this, wait for some time & collect as many buyers as u can. which in return will make the product even cheaper if only u 3 guys were buying it. Even i might be interested but not sure, PM KMD and ask him what will be the rates & shipping charges etc............

And also if someone can tell if its locally available..............

whats the point of making a go?

this one is not available in india.. and i heard it never will be.. cos pinned cpus no longer sold now..

ive checked the whole of lr. and finally bought a 6200 agp graphics card.. crappy but the only solution

Back